• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Device Sync Activity: What means "mine" and "theirs"
I tried sync two tabs with WLAN "sync to a device" and have to decide between

"use mine", "skip" "use theirs" on the server tablet

"skip" is clear, of course

What of this is related to the "server"-tablet? 
"use mine" or "use theirs"

Would it be possible to change "use mine"/"use theirs" to "use server"/"use client"

Setting is:
Sync type: Update client
Merge behaviour: Only merge new and prompt user

Have a curios situation, want to clearify that before I proceed with further sync....

thx4anyadvice
e.k.
So "Use Mine" refers to the device the merge dialog is being displayed on. That device is always the server, as the server is the one merging the libraries. So yes, if it would be clearer, I can change that to "Use server"/"Use client", although grammatically I don't really like the way that reads. That terminology also won't work for a cloud folder sync, as then I guess it would have to be "Use device"/"Use folder", but I also don't like the way that sounds.

Mike
(08-06-2024, 03:40 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: So "Use Mine" refers to the device the merge dialog is being displayed on. That device is always the server, as the server is the one merging the libraries. So yes, if it would be clearer, I can change that to "Use server"/"Use client", although grammatically I don't really like the way that reads. That terminology also won't work for a cloud folder sync, as then I guess it would have to be "Use device"/"Use folder", but I also don't like the way that sounds.

Mike

I understand, it´s really not easy to find the right grammatic/understandability. 
Due to the different possibilities (sync with a backup, cloud, device, server/client.....).

So I´ll understand 
- "mine" as "the opened/active MS"
- "theirs" as "sync partner"

Maybe this will work (for me), thanks,
e.k.
From/To?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12