• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best pen for song markup?
I'm wondering what people are using for this and how it's working for you.  I'm on a Lenovo X1 Tablet (a 1st Gen variety) running Win 10 and currently using one of these: EDVIA Digital Pencil.  It's working "okay", but is frustrating in some respects and I wonder if there isn't something that might be a little less frustrating.

Here are the kinds of markup I'm typically doing:

1. Text (no problem with this since it doesn't require the pen, although positioning the text is sometimes tricky and maybe a better pen might help with that?)
2. Highlighting of various things like key signatures, repeats, mute changes, etc.  (This is just done with a sort of "broad stroke" approach with the marker).
3. Underlining.  (This is done with the pen and is the most frustrating because it's really difficult to get the position correct without trying and correcting several times.)
4. Insertion of various visual clues for jumping back and forth, emphasizing a phrase, difficult register jumps, breathing, etc.  (This all works pretty well, but again I find that it often takes me several attempts to get the precise positioning I want.)
5. Erasing ( Rolleyes a lot, because positioning is such a pain).

I'm not sure what the limiting and confounding factors are here, but wonder what others are using for similar markup.
------------------
Gary H. Merrill