• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
camera is rotated on Lenovo X1 Fold 16
I just bought a new Lenovo X1 Fold 16, one of the main purposes being for sheet music. It's a lovely machine.

Problem is, the camera is rotated. When I go into the Gestures setting screen, and do "Test Gestures", my picture is rotated 90⁰. When I rotate the device (it can function as a tablet), the picture rotates but is still 90⁰ off.

I notice in the documents for this machine they describe a related (?) problem when using Zoom. Their solution is to use the Zoom camera setting feature to rotate the camera. Unfortunately, MobileSheets has no such setting that I can find. Nor have I been able to find any setting at the OS or camera device level. An alternative would be to set up an external camera, which I'm guessing would work but haven't tried yet, but that sort of defeats the purpose.

My guess is that there is some setting or flag in the camera device interface which MobileSheets might not be respecting?

Any thoughts here?
Do the Gestures still work even though the picture is rotated? (suggest you don't use raise eyebrow!)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I'm updating several of the libraries used for the face gesture detection with 3.9.0, so I'd like you test once it's available to see if that has changed anything with your device. I'm relying on Google's camerax library to correctly detect rotation of the camera and adjust for it, so if that's not working, it's a problem with Google's library that will be difficult to resolve. So I'm hoping the updated camerax library version with 3.9.0 will address this.

Mike
Forgot to say that I stopped using gestures because I didn't find any that didn't result in false triggers during my normal playing. This resulted in page turns at inopportune moments.
You might have a better experience (depending on what instrument you play).
What I'm really trying to say is that you probably won't need/want to use them so the fact that the image is rotated won't affect how you use MS.

Geoff

PS Just seen Mike's reply so I'll give them a try again after he has issued 3.9.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6