• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfert data old to new tablette
Hello,

What is the procedure for transferring Mobilesheet content from my old tablet to my new one without using the cloud, Drive...?
The content of the old tablet can't go through wifi on the new one?

Thanks in advance Smile
You have two options:

1) Create a library backup file (https://youtu.be/VQm_vEBWnX4), transfer it to the new device using a USB cable from your PC and restore the library backup file
2) Use the library sync feature (tap the three dots at the top right corner of the library screen, then Sync Library->Synchronize to a device) to push changes from one device to the other. This won't push over application settings though (that's something that will be added in a future update).

I would recommend using a library backup if possible.

Mike
Hi Mike,
speaking of library backups...
Having watched the video linked to above, most of my questions have been answered, but I do still have some:
1) in a multi-library scenario, does a restore create the new library if restored to a clean installation?  I assume it would but it would be nice to confirm.
2) Are there plans for MS to be able to perform a multi-library backup/restore?  
3) If so, do you plan to make it possible to do a selective multi-library backup/restore?  E.G. I have 8 active libraries.  Being able to restore just 1 or 2 of the backed up libraries would be useful.

Thanks mate.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba
1) In a multi-library scenario, restoring a backup restores it into the active library. I would recommend unchecking the option to restore settings when using multiple libraries, otherwise you can run into issues with the active library being switched by the saved settings.
2) It's something I'm going to explore when time allows, but it will require fairly significant changes
3) Yes, that is the plan for the future.

Mike
Thanks Mike,
just a small clarification:
1) does this mean I would be best advised to make sure I have a pre-made "placeholder" library if I'm restoring to a different machine?
It will restore into the default library on a new machine if no other library has been created yet, but the saved settings can still be problematic, so if you uncheck the option to restore settings, then it's fine to restore into the default library or the placeholder library. If you want to restore settings, then I would recommend creating a placeholder library to match the library in the backup file to avoid any potential problems.

Mike
Awesome, placeholder it is  Big Grin
Thanks mate.