• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DB out of sync when syncing Android and Win10?
Hello,
I've been syncing my Win10 computer and my Android tablet many times, both ways, without any problem. 

When trying to do this again today, tablet being the server, and trying to update my Win10 client, I get this msg :

04:02:26 - Fichier reçu avec succès et inscrit dans temp_mobilesheets.db
04:02:26 - Base de données version 61 reçue, mais 60 attendue. MobileSheets Pro doit être de même version sur chaque
appareil. Fin de synchro…

which translates into :

04:02:26 - File received successfully and written to temp_mobilesheets.db 
04:02:26 - Database version 61 received, but expected 60. MobileSheets Pro must be the same version on each device. End of sync…

It's unclear whether the app or the database is out of sync, I'd guess it's the database, but have no idea what that means.  Just in case on android, MobilesheetsPro is version 3.9.0, on Win10 : 3.8.43

What should I do? Please help.

Edit : I found this https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...l#pid25549 advising to have up-to-date versions on Win and Android, but Microsoft Store doesn't have a version newer than 3.8.43 ("Open" button but no "Update" button)
I think you just have to wait until the version in the Microsoft Store gets updated to 3.9.0. Should not take too long. As far as I understand, the database does not change with every version so different (sub-)versions of MobileSheets are often not a problem. The update to 3.9.0 is a bigger one so databases across systems have to be of the same version. I think Mike has already submitted 3.9.0 to the different stores, but Microsoft, Apple and Google could take different amounts of time to accept it.
ok, thanks Daniel, I'll wait a couple of days, or will try to get a previous version of the Android version
Sounds as though one of the devices has auto updated and the other hasn't yet.

While auto update might suit some, it is a good idea to disable it to avoid issues should one be loaded immediately before a performance (it has been experienced by some).

Just watch the forum for announcements and manually perform the update(s) when it is suits or because you need new fetures.
Suggest you don't let it get too far behind the latest version.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6