• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3.9.1 - Audio Files (mp3) uploaded with Companion are not visible in the App
After updating my Android MobileSheetsPro to 3.9.1 I also had to update the Windows Companion App from 3.x to 4.0.4, so I really don't know where the problem is, I suggest the Android App causes the problem.

I always upload my pdf sheets via companion and also drag'n'drop there a mp3-audio-file as backing track, which always worked since years. After the update, I see that the pdf-file and mp3-file has been uploaded to the android folder com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro -> files -> [...] but in the app only the pdf file is linked. I can't see any mp3 file. And when I connect afterwards to Companion again the mp3 file is also there not visible although the file is in the mentioned folder. It seems like the app is not linking the file anymore since the update.

What can I do? Is this a bug?
I definitely can't seem to reproduce that issue with the latest companion app update. If I drag & drop an audio file in, then tap OK on the select audio dialog, then tap OK in the song editor, the audio file is transferred and I can play it back on my Android tablet. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Mike
I've deleted the whole App on Android with all data wipe, re-installed it, also re-installed the Windows companion and tried on fresh installation. Same behaviour.

PDF + Mp3 is transferred to the folder, but I don't see the mp3 in the song, I always have to "link" it with the plus button.
As a computer scientist who doesn't understand the problem, my only option is to rule it out, so I got another Android tablet and reinstalled MobileSheetsPro - same problem here too. So it must be the Companion App v4 on Windows - with v3.x everything was fine. But I don't know how to rule it out, as I can no longer downgrade because the latest version of MobileSheetsPro requires Companion v4.

@Mike: Do you have any other ideas on how I can analyze this?
After many many tries I found out, what the issue is. I have tested different mp3-files on different tablets with different methods (USB, WiFi), sometimes the mp3 upload was successful, sometimes not. And I found the issue, why. Every time a mp3 file has no "interpret" set, but only "title" in the meta data, it was uploaded but not seen in MobileSheetsPro.

Either since companion v4 or MobileSheetsPro 3.9.1, it seems to be obligatory, that the mp3-file must have a title and interpret set in the mp3 meta data. All my missing mp3 could be now added without problems, since I wrote an "interpret" into the meta data.

When I import the mp3-file directly on Android from local storage, it's possible without the "interpret" meta data set. But with companion it's not.
Thanks, it would be helpful if you can send a file that doesn't import to mike@zubersoft.com, otherwise I can try scouring through my audio files to see if I can find one without the metadata you are referencing.

Mike
What is the "interpret" field you are referring to? I don't see anything related to that in any of the mp3 metadata when looking in Windows file explorer. I also have dBpoweramp which shows additional metadata, and I'm still not seeing anything named "interpret".

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike, I just sent you the E-Mail with all examples and details.
So it was the German translation for Artist/Performer. Sorry - I misunderstood what you were referencing. I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Mike
Fixed for the next update.

Thanks,
Mike