• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro & ABC Text Display Settings
"Text Display Settings" has two entries named "Chord Size". They should be named in a way that shows clearly which one changes the chord size for the lyrics & chords sections and which one changes the chords of chord grid sections. It is required to keep different settings for these two parts.
Separate settings should be possible for more ChordPro elements: chords, grid chords, lyrics, chorus, comment, comment italic, subtitle ... Not only size but also colour, bold, italic, font ... I requested that since the very beginning of ChordPro support in MobileSheets. That would probably require a redesign of the "Text Display Settings" dialog and changes in the database.
A different font should at least be possible for chords. My favorite font for chords is MuseJazzText as in MuseScore. It is public domain and available here: https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/t...s/musejazz
The same chord font should be used for ABC sections, chord grids and lyrics & chords

Attachments:
BengerzBrauneBrieh_F_3.9.1.jpg shows the output of MobileSheets 3.9.1 on my Android phone
BengerzBrauneBrieh_F_ChordPro_6.050_029.pdf shows the output of the ChordPro reference implementation V 6.050_029
BengerzBrauneBrieh_SHe_ABC.pro is the ChordPro source
CPCHe_20_MuseJazzText.json.txt and CPCHe__General.json.txt are the config files that I used in ChordPro to create the PDF, just in case somebody wants to reproduce it.

By now MobileSheets 3.9.0 and 3.9.1 are still missing in the Microsoft Store.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   BengerzBrauneBrieh_F_ChordPro_6.050_029.pdf (Size: 160.78 KB / Downloads: 0)
.pro   BengerzBrauneBrieh_SHe_ABC.pro (Size: 1.89 KB / Downloads: 0)
.txt   CPCHe_20_MuseJazzText.json.txt (Size: 1.34 KB / Downloads: 1)
.txt   CPCHe__General.json.txt (Size: 4.8 KB / Downloads: 1)
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

With how many settings you are talking about, I think I would prefer to place it all on a fullscreen UI that is completely separate from the existing dialog, and I imagine most users would configure defaults for it that wouldn't need to be overriden per song. So I would create a new database table for these new advanced settings that wouldn't be populated per song by default unless the user checks a box to override the defaults. That way I'm not storing tons of data in the database that is rarely if ever used.

When it comes to custom fonts, it's a little bit of a can of worms if I let users provide their own fonts, as then I have to store that font as part of the library so it's included in backups, exports, etc, otherwise it won't load properly on other devices. Or I could take an entirely new approach to it and have a different part of the settings where users can import fonts, and this would only be stored on the current device, and users would have to install those fonts on their other devices in order to view the chord pro file with those fonts. This doesn't work well at all with my current way of handling fonts, but I'd have to adjust things to account for it. If I just add support for that font you provided, that's not as big of a deal, although it still requires quite a few changes.

When it comes to ABC sections, I'll revisit that when/if I can integrate abc2svg, and then see what is required to feed it custom fonts, because I imagine things are going to get weird with the embedded javascript engine when it comes to accessing local files. 

As far as the Microsoft Store, version 3.9.0 was available since like Wednesday I think. I'm not sure why you are unable to update, because the Microsoft Store certainly shows that it is available.

Mike