• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pieces are added twice
Hi Mike,

When I add a piece using Companion (4.0.6) it is added twice.
(or at least shown twice).
Not sure what is causing this, but maybe this information helps:
When I add a piece I ususally add it to two collection directly (one collection for the general type, i.e. Big Band All, and one for the specific band)

The result is two (the same) songs in my list (both shown in both collections).

When I delete on of them and then select the song to edit it, I get an error when I want to save.

Edit: I just tried only adding a song to only one collection and it is also listed twice... This makes the companion app pretty useless at the moment....

Edit: I just found out that when I click save I get a popup with the question if I want to save or discard changes... If I click save it is added twice, when I click discard it is just saved once and correctly with all my changes.

I can't seem to reproduce this. I definitely don't see the same song being created multiple times. Is anyone else encountering this?

Thanks,
Mike
(10-05-2024, 05:24 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can't seem to reproduce this. I definitely don't see the same song being created multiple times. Is anyone else encountering this?

Thanks,
Mike

If I drag and drop and directly save it's ok. But if I edit some fields first and do the cropping then I get this extra popup when I click Save....
Is there any logging generated I can sent you?

I don't know if it is device related. I am using the e-ink version of mobile sheets on a Boox Max Lumi 2.
I had a similar problem. I hadn't used the companion for quite a while and just started again the other day with the upgraded version. My devices are Boox Max 2 running the e-Ink app. Which each new import I did into the companion, when I clicked save it would save it but rather than closing the dialogue for the piece it would open a new dialogue asking whether I wanted to save the changes or discard them. I found that if I chose to save the changes it would then save the same piece a second time (i.e. as a separate entry in the library). If I choose discard changes then it does what I want which is to close the dialogue with just one piece saved.
(10-05-2024, 05:24 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can't seem to reproduce this. I definitely don't see the same song being created multiple times. Is anyone else encountering this?

Thanks,
Mike

I'm running into the same problem. When I drag in a file, edit some fields, crop, and hit save at the bottom of the import screen, a popup shows up asking if I want to save my changes. If I click save in the popup, the song gets imported twice. But if I click discard, it only imports once.
I have no idea how to explain that - clicking the save button should never show the popup asking if you want to save your changes, as that code shouldn't even be triggered. I still don't know how to reproduce this, as none of my attempts have resulted in that happening. If I drag & drop in a new PDF, crop it, add some fields on the fields tab and click the save, it just saves the changes and closes the dialog. It sounds almost like the window is being closed or canceled in an irregular way. Is there any more information that can be provided?

Two users have seen the problem on a BOOX device - what kind of device are you using Sheeeet?

Thanks,
Mike
I will need to get someone's help with testing a build that will log data to understand what's going on here. I tested again on my BOOX Max Lumi, and I still don't see a problem.

Thanks,
Mike
(10-07-2024, 05:22 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have no idea how to explain that - clicking the save button should never show the popup asking if you want to save your changes, as that code shouldn't even be triggered. I still don't know how to reproduce this, as none of my attempts have resulted in that happening. If I drag & drop in a new PDF, crop it, add some fields on the fields tab and click the save, it just saves the changes and closes the dialog. It sounds almost like the window is being closed or canceled in an irregular way. Is there any more information that can be provided?

Two users have seen the problem on a BOOX device - what kind of device are you using Sheeeet?

Thanks,
Mike

I'm using a Windows 11 PC, Version 23H2, Build 22631, with a Dell XPS Laptop.

I've tested a few scenarios and I could reliably trigger the save popup to appear.

1. Drag a pdf into the companion app
2. Change the Title field by a few letters. The Title field is always pre-filled with the actual filename of the pdf. Change this name
3. Press save
4. A save popup should appear.

If I press discard changes, the song is imported correctly once.
If I press save changes, the song is imported twice.
If I press cancel, the companion app crashes and exits abnormally

There may be more scenarios which show the save popup, this is the one I could find.
If I follow those steps, the issue does not occur for me (I do not see the popup). So I will still need someone's help with installing a test build. That or I need access to a library backup file that exhibits the issue to see if it's related to the library in some way. Please share a .msb file with mike@zubersoft.com if you are willing to do that.

Thanks,
Mike
Shure, I'll be happy to help. How do you prefer to send me the test build?
Thanks! I'll email a link to the email address associated with your forum account.

Mike
I believe I may have an answer for what is going on. I'll send you a build to test and if it works, then we don't even need to worry about the logging.

Mike
I have pushed out version 4.0.7 to fix this issue.

Mike
(10-08-2024, 05:42 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have pushed out version 4.0.7 to fix this issue.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I just downloaded 4.0.7 and it works fine now.