• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combining multiple abc files on a single page in a setlist?
Hi there,

I have now had a chance to update MSP with 3.9.3. on my Android Ebook reader. The abc rendition looks good so far (although some files do not load, but I will look into that later).

One frequent use case in folk dance music is that tunes are combined to different sets, eg in one band, we may be playing tune A in a set with tune B, but in another band setting, we may be playing B followed by C.

I have thus created setlists for two bands in which the ordering of the tunes is different. However, what I would like to have is each pair of tunes on a single page, ie for the first band, A and B on a single page, and for the other one, B and C. So far I have not found a way do accomplish this.

I understand that I could use a pedal to get around this, but that would only be a plan B because 1) most tunes in folk dance settings fit easily on a half page, and 2) I try to avoid pedals where I can.

Is there a way to do this in MSP without creating prefabbed abcs that already are sorted in sets?

Thanks!
This has been asked and discussed again and again in the forum.
The combination of several songs that you call a "set" in folk music is called a "medley" in other styles.
The way to go is to create one song in MobileSheets containing both tunes and naming it appropriately.
In your case you would have to create two of these combined songs, A+B for one band and B+C for the other band.
You can use the same PDFs if you add them on the Files tab of the song editor. To display both tunes on the same screen set Page Scaling Mode to Fit Width and Display Mode to Vertical Scrolling.
Having separate songs per band allows different annotations per band.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de