• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crash importing Chordpro file with conditional chord grid
Really liking the support for recent ChordPro features.

But, I now get a crash when importing ChordPro files.

It seems to be triggered by just a few files, which have chord grids that start with a conditional directive: {start_of_grid-keyboard!

Don't know for sure whether it's specifically the condition itself, or that it's negative (! suffix).

My ChordPro files do use many new features, and I should probably re-process them for importing to MobileSheets, to resolve conditional directives for a specific instrument, but nice if they'll import as-is without crashing.

If future support for conditional directives is planned, I've suggested some thoughts: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...11367.html
I have not worked on conditional directives at all, so it's not too surprising that those cause a problem. That's something I'll have to address soon with all the other changes that are needed. There really isn't a place to specify an instrument at the moment that would make sense, unless I just add a new global setting under the text settings section of the settings screen, but then I also would have to decide if it's an open text field, or a list you pick from. If it's a list, then I have to decide how to handle localization of all the terms. So I think I'll probably just go with an open text field where the user can enter anything in the short term, and just compare the entered term against the conditional suffix.

In the future, I plan to support "roles" or "instruments" as part of the song versioning feature, so it could then be tied to that.

Mike
Thanks, that's fair enough. I realise support for interpreting conditional directives could mean a lot of work. Great that it's part of future plans.

I use a lot of conditional directives, like tabs for different instruments in PDF outputs. They usually get ignored in MobileSheets, so display is sub-optimal (in lyrics/proportional font), but they've always imported successfully.

This is the first time I've encountered a crash, hence flagging. I'm pretty sure it's triggered by the conditional {start_of_grid}, and can provide songs if you need to investigate.

Still, this may be the nudge I need to generate instrument-specific files, to get full benefit from current ChordPro features!
Hello Gwyndaf,
I'd like to get in contact with you, alas PMs are not available in this forum. Can I send a PM in another forum where you are active? Or maybe you want to send an e-mail to the contact address of my band "Moonlight Crisis" (see my signature). Thanks in advance.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

The ChordPro program has the ability to generate MSPro compatible ChordPro source, but unfortunately that is not up-to-par with the latest features. Working on it.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).