• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 5.0.0 in internal testing
Sometimes when playing at the bottom of a page and you are in a musical phrase you need to already see what is coming up on the top of the next page. The half page and scroll options are for that.
Back in January, when I was considering between an iPad and a tab I was comparing the available softwares. I reached out to Mike and asked if this is something he is working on and is being developed or I should not expect more features. Based on his answer I bought a tablet and was not expecting to pay more for new features. I'll pay whatever is needed to have these new features but I can't say I am happy about it.
www.guysion.com
Oslo, Norway
(10-02-2014, 07:44 PM)guysion Wrote: Sometimes when playing at the bottom of a page and you are in a musical phrase you need to already see what is coming up on the top of the next page. The half page and scroll options are for that.

Yes, I do understand why some users would want those features.

(10-02-2014, 07:44 PM)guysion Wrote: Based on his answer I bought a tablet and was not expecting to pay more for new features. I'll pay whatever is needed to have these new features but I can't say I am happy about it.

Look on the bright side - the average cost of a tablet against an iPad represents a cost saving far in excess of what you are being asked to pay for the software. I'd say you were on a winner Smile .
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I can turn pages faster with MS than my old 3 ring binder. I can tap faster on the right side of a tablet than I can flip a page???

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
Hi, any news about the v.5?
I finished getting the annotations to work, so now I'm working on the sharing and export features. Once those are fully tested, there just a handful of things left to test before I can release the beta (such as moving your storage location in the settings). For those that want to be able to use the companion app, they will have to wait longer while I finish that. I figure that some users can at least get started on providing bug reports/feedback while I'm doing that though.

Mike
(10-09-2014, 04:49 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I figure that some users can at least get started on providing bug reports/feedback while I'm doing that though.

Mike

Excellent! Glad to know that the work is in good progress. Well, I'm available for beta testing, just keep me posted, thanks. Best regards.
I don't use the companion app now so I'd like to test the beta with my tab2 10" and my airturn, as soon, as you'll give it to me Smile
GOD bless you!
violin, guitar and voice at the CGS-Schwabbach
I'm still willing to Beta test. I have a Nexus 10 and I'm in the process of ordering a bluetooth pedal (firefly) as well. I have loved MS and I'm always referring people to your app. Heart just let me know! Big Grin
I'd need to suggest two features which are really important and which actually slow down my job on MobileSheets 4:

1) avoid the limit of max 1024 files in the sheets library folder.
2) add a "search" function when adding a pdf score.

Thanks.
(10-10-2014, 11:30 PM)maestralien Wrote: 1) avoid the limit of max 1024 files in the sheets library folder.

1 - Are you sure this isn't a limitation of your tablet? I have over 2,000 charts on mine and they reside in the same folder. I would have expected there to be a limit of some kind, but I haven't hit it yet.

2 - Search for what?
Graeme

Some of my music here
(10-11-2014, 12:21 AM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(10-10-2014, 11:30 PM)maestralien Wrote: 1) avoid the limit of max 1024 files in the sheets library folder.

1 - Are you sure this isn't a limitation of your tablet? I have over 2,000 charts on mine and they reside in the same folder. I would have expected there to be a limit of some kind, but I haven't hit it yet.

2 - Search for what?

1) My tablet is the latest Samsung Note Pro 12.2 based on the latest Android version. So I don't think so .. should probably Mike know why this happens ...

2) Search for what? SONGS of course .pdf. I don't want scroll thousand titles to find that I need if I neither remember exactly the file name...
1 - I really don't know that much about the Android OS (I only came to it in order to use MS) but it seems to me that each manufacturer introduces its own little modifications to the basic coding. With (say) Windows, you simply acquire the OS and load it into your computer, in the knowledge that it will run as you would expect.

From personal experience, I found that you can't do this with Android, each version appears to be tailored to the hardware it's intended to run on. Ergo, it's possible that your file limitation is because of this .... and explain why I don't have the limitation.

I guess Mike knows much more about this stuff, so let's see what he has to say.

2 - 'Songs' was my first thought, but then I asked myself, why?

The songs are already in alphabetical order and if you use Companion (I think most users do) then it's a simple thing to scroll through the list to see if you already have a duplicate copy, different arrangement, etc.
Graeme

Some of my music here
(10-11-2014, 02:52 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: 1 - I really don't know that much about the Android OS (I only came to it in order to use MS) but it seems to me that each manufacturer introduces its own little modifications to the basic coding. With (say) Windows, you simply acquire the OS and load it into your computer, in the knowledge that it will run as you would expect.

From personal experience, I found that you can't do this with Android, each version appears to be tailored to the hardware it's intended to run on. Ergo, it's possible that your file limitation is because of this .... and explain why I don't have the limitation.

I guess Mike knows much more about this stuff, so let's see what he has to say.

2 - 'Songs' was my first thought, but then I asked myself, why?

The songs are already in alphabetical order and if you use Companion (I think most users do) then it's a simple thing to scroll through the list to see if you already have a duplicate copy, different arrangement, etc.

1. I understand, let's see if Mike knows better about this issue .. (as I guess)

2. Sure I know, ABC order... a simple "Search for..." feature is not so strange, if I can search in my mobile address book, much more this function is required here where I can have 1000+ titles listed. I prefer this way, quicker and faster.. personally I hate to scroll such long lists. Also, probably, the "Search" function could solve the 1024 files limit as above. The hidden files probably can come to the light once searched for...
Hey Mike,

I've been quiet about beta testing but I see you are working on annotations. Annotations is an area that I continue to have issues with in the current version. Ivemsubmitted several to the bug tracker. Seems that this might be an area I could help wring out. I'm available to help if you need it...

Curt.
Graeme/maestralien, I don't think you guys realize you are talking about different things. I think maestralien is talking about the 1024 file limit when you are importing using the file browser in MobileSheets. It's true the current limit is to show 1024 files at a time for a given folder. What would you want the limit to be? I don't know why you have over a 1000 files in one folder, but there has to be some form of limit otherwise the list would be extremely unwieldy. I've upped it to 2048 - do you need more than that?

As far as searching, I've never kept thousands of files in one folder, but I can see why you would need a search function in this case. I've put it on the list of enhancements for a future update. If there is enough time, I will see if I can get it into the initial release of MobileSheetsPro.