• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets v3.5 and MobileSheets Companion v1.3.1 Released
I'm happy to announce that MobileSheets v3.5 has been released, which includes annotations! Not every feature has made it into this initial version, but all of the important features are included. Features such as support for placing custom bitmaps on the sheet music will be added soon. Here is an overview of the features:

MobileSheets v3.5
- Support for annotations has finally been added! Tap the pencil icon while viewing a song to enter the annotation editor
- Fixed bugs with artists disappearing due to database errors
- Major optimizations: Significant drop in CPU usage. This will increase battery life and decrease loading times
- Fixed freezing issues with various tablets
- Fixed bug where batch importing a large number of files from the companion app causes the app to stop responding
- PDF renderer updates. Major performance improvements for some files.
- Link points now render correctly at all zoom levels, and respond accurately to finger presses
- Fixed various crashes

MobileSheets Companion v1.3.1
- Updated database code to handle annotations
- Fixed possible errors due to bugs in handling file paths

I hope this update works well for everyone. I'll be anxious to hear feedback!

Mike
Hi,

Just installed both updates. I've noticed one small glitch: When I fire up the companion app and click the "connect" button from the tablet (which I see is now the shape of a computer: much more intuitive!), in the Connection Requests dialog on the PC, under Is Paid Version, it says False, which is incorrect (I have the paid version installed on the tablet, and the prior version of the companion app said True).

I don't know if this will cause a problem so I'm going to avoid the companion app until I see a response here.

- Mike (aka Snard)
I'm having the same issue.

-byryn
Hey Mike!

so far so good! In a rehearsal for a musical and the annotations are working perfectly. Great job on all of it. Will let you know if I run into any issues!
I've released 3.6 to fix a few issues, including the companion app problem you've described.
That did the trick! Thanks very much for the quick turnaround Smile
Howdy from Oz. Is the 3.6 version available on Amazon Apps? I have paid version on tablet, updated app, app on tablet now says 3.5. Also upgraded the companion app (says 1.3.2) but it thinks it is the unpaid version and will not let me add any more songs to my library - saying I have reached max of 8 songs.

Edit: A bit new to this android apps thing...I just updated the new tablet app version over the top, then rebooted. Do I need to uninstall and then re-install?

Thanks, Rob
(10-24-2012, 07:11 PM)RobC Wrote: Howdy from Oz. Is the 3.6 version available on Amazon Apps? I have paid version on tablet, updated app, app on tablet now says 3.5. Also upgraded the companion app (says 1.3.2) but it thinks it is the unpaid version and will not let me add any more songs to my library - saying I have reached max of 8 songs.

Edit: A bit new to this android apps thing...I just updated the new tablet app version over the top, then rebooted. Do I need to uninstall and then re-install?

Thanks, Rob

Hi Rob,

I've never encountered an Android app that required me to uninstall/reinstall when there was an update. I tend to prefer Google Play Store apps a bit over Amazon, since they can be configured to auto-install updates, but then again, sometimes an update will require manual installation, such as when the EULA changes, or additional permissions are needed in the updated version.

Cheers,
- Snard
When Mike releases an update he usually says that it can take a few days for the Amazon appstore to approve the update. This could be what's happened here. I'm sure he will confirm either way when he wakes up. Wink
Hi Rob,

I pushed the 3.6 update to amazon yesterday morning, so they should hopefully approve it in the next day or two.

Mike
(10-25-2012, 01:18 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Hi Rob,

I pushed the 3.6 update to amazon yesterday morning, so they should hopefully approve it in the next day or two.

Mike

OK. Thanks all, I am sure it will appear soon. It appears I can workaround by adding new items direct from the tablet if needed.

I would have rather used google play but for some reason I could not find mobilesheets when doing a search from the tablet through the play store app. The Amazon store app was a PITA to set up.
Will the manual be updated soon, to include the annotation features? For now, I assume I'll need to pick through the forum beta section for "how to" information on the various features.

Many thanks for all your work on this great application.
I'm working on the manual updates right now, along with some small bug fixes for an update I hope to get out by Sunday.

You guys make all the time and effort worth it.