• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
choose song by number
Hi, I would like to see my songs listed by titel, but would like to choose songs also by a given number. What is your recommendation for metadata?
There are several ways to go about doing this. One option would be to use the Custom field to store the number, and change the song formatting in the settings to be "%TITLE% - %CUSTOM%" or some other variant that shows the custom field value. Then you will be able to see the number for every song on the library screen. To quickly filter on number, you could just type the number into the search box at the top.

Mike
(01-15-2015, 03:24 AM)Zuberman Wrote: There are several ways to go about doing this. One option would be to use the Custom field to store the number, and change the song formatting in the settings to be "%TITLE% - %CUSTOM%" or some other variant that shows the custom field value. Then you will be able to see the number for every song on the library screen. To quickly filter on number, you could just type the number into the search box at the top.

Mike

Thank you for reply. I'm starting database in a few days (I hope).
I've been playing with the same question. I ended up adding the number to the song title of the original PDF files. For example 'Songtitle 012'. I have songs from two songbooks in my library, and when I search for a certain number I get only one or two results. If you have sorted out your songs in different books (albums) it's even easier, you search for the number in the preferred album and it will show the song.
It's possible to use a custom field for the number, but I felt this is safer. In case of loss of tablet and (internal) backup, I can simply import the PDF files per album and am ready to go again. If you use custom fields and somehow you lose the library and backup you'll have to put all the numbers in the custom fields again.
I know, I should make backups after adding songs or after changes made, and save it in a safe place, but usually I skip this... Sad