• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song titles in a txt file
Page 77 in the manual refers to Title font size in Chord Pro format. Does this mean you can use:
{title: xxxx}
in a text file and it will show up as a title? I presume not because I see the above. I am a little confused as to what it refers to.
Thanks.
(04-20-2015, 08:25 PM)bumblebee Wrote: Page 77 in the manual refers to Title font size in Chord Pro format. Does this mean you can use:
{title: xxxx}
in a text file and it will show up as a title? I presume not because I see the above. I am a little confused as to what it refers to.
Thanks.

This thread has a list of the supported chordPro format tags.

Short answer is yes. Both {title:xxx} & {t:xxx} work.
Samsung Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZW / iPad Pro / AirTurn BT-105 / AirTurn BT200S-4
Thanks, yes I looked at these originally.
My ChordPro files work normally, with the title showing and the title font size working when I change it. The problem is for my txt files—they show the full ChordPro tag, not just the title and changing the Title size does nothing. My initial thought was that with txt files, MS does not know what the ChordPro tag is doing in there, so just displays it fully as if it were lyrics.
You are correct. The file has to have a valid chord pro extension to be treated like a chord pro file.
Thanks, I was confused by the manual as you see with the first post. If you think it is clear, that is ok.
(04-21-2015, 06:23 PM)bumblebee Wrote: Thanks, I was confused by the manual as you see with the first post. If you think it is clear, that is ok.

I guess I'm confused. I hadn't read the manual...actually didn't even know there was one! ;-)

It does say on pg. 78: "MobileSheetsPro tries to support some of the same features with text files (such placing chords above lyrics), but many features are chord pro specific.".  If you're not seeing title supported than I think that would be an enhancement request. Any reason you don't/can't use the chordPro format with your other text files?
(04-22-2015, 01:58 AM)DTownSMR Wrote: Any reason you don't/can't use the chordPro format with your other text files?

Originally they were a .doc for printing, then changed to .txt to go into an app that did not know ChordPro, then in an update, it would accept some ChordPro tags in the txt file, now moving to MS, I thought they could import as they are (the other app is still using them.)
I will have to duplicate them (hundreds) and run change suffix program (that's ok). Unfortunately there are other tags that are in them for the other app but not part of the ChordPro specifications, so might have to run some Find and Change scripts
(regex, which I seldom use, so takes me a while to work out). 
It also means different copies for different apps, so sharing a common Dropbox for everyone or each device is a little more complicated.
(04-22-2015, 06:05 AM)bumblebee Wrote:
(04-22-2015, 01:58 AM)DTownSMR Wrote: Any reason you don't/can't use the chordPro format with your other text files?

Originally they were a .doc for printing, then changed to .txt to go into an app that did not know ChordPro, then in an update, it would accept some ChordPro tags in the txt file, now moving to MS, I thought they could import as they are (the other app is still using them.)
I will have to duplicate them (hundreds) and run change suffix program (that's ok). Unfortunately there are other tags that are in them for the other app but not part of the ChordPro specifications, so might have to run some Find and Change scripts
(regex, which I seldom use, so takes me a while to work out). 
It also means different copies for different apps, so sharing a common Dropbox for everyone or each device is a little more complicated.

Sounds like good enough reason to request an enhancement. Might not be too difficult to add a config option that says treat any text file as a chordPro file regardless of extension. 

Not sure what the chordPro spec says about dealing with non-standard tags. I would hope it would be like XML and just ignored.
because this is not a common case I am hesitant for Mike to do anything, especially with fixes and more important features coming.
I'm better in this case formatting into correct ChordPro format or deleting the errant tags in the txt files.

What would be nice is an easy way to be able to edit the text (ChordPro or txt) from within the Editor, instead of finding the file from where MS stores it and editing it there.