• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum software
I invariably use my laptop when looking at this forum as it's the most convenient. The desktop is in another part of the house altogether. Only after I started getting the problem did I start looking at the other machines.

After I installed the new theme, all was done from the laptop - then it just changed, by itself, after a couple of days. Checking on the other machines showed the same thing. I presume the same would happen if another theme became available, but Mike has more important things to do than chase some weirdo bug that only I have - so I wouldn't bother him with this.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Using Firefox, you can save the HTML page you are looking at, and it will write the HTML plus all associated files to disk.
If you open the saved file, do you still get the same results?
Can you pack the HTML plus associated files in a zip and attach it?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
You might try having Mike de-activating you as a mod for a few days since that's common denominator,  your problem only and being a mod.
I looked at your screen shot and that's the normal vienna layout, as far as I can tell, at least on this ubuntu machine. You might try one of the live linux distros and see what happens.

Edit: Are you getting this on your android mach also?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(06-13-2015, 11:31 PM)Skip Wrote: You might try having Mike de-activating you as a mod for a few days since that's common denominator,  your problem only and being a mod.
I looked at your screen shot and that's the normal vienna layout, as far as I can tell, at least on this ubuntu machine. You might try one of the live linux distros and see what happens.

Edit: Are you getting this on your android mach also?

I've attached a screenshot of what vienna should look like. I'll start experimenting to see if I can change anything that might help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's the same as here.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I had asked Graeme to create a new user a while ago. I had thought he had done this (and it looked the same) but looking back quickly at the previous posts, I am not sure he did. I assumed he had and it was the same faulty look, coupled with the fact that not logging in shows the same, lead me to think it could be either server or house setup more likely.

Skip mentioned changing your moderation status, but I had thought if there was a corruption there it might not clear anyway; also that then if you were logging in as a new user you might not be able to check anything related to it or set up anything for it that a moderator can do—and I'm not sure you could then change your status back without Mike's help (and I know, we are trying to solve this ourselves with little of his time) Smile
Graeme, if you in the end did not create a new user, could you run this test when you have time, both from your home and elsewhere. I would assume from elsewhere on another machine it will be fine (!) because everyone else does this (the variables being settings like country etc. which I mentioned in a previous post, so you can play around with these, then try logging in as that user from home) then, take one of your tablets and create a user on it but from elsewhere.
You know a lot of computer stuff from years back so I'm not giving you a specific detailed testing procedures each time I suggest something, thinking you'll be fine to do them with all the precautions in place (like clearing caches each time, or it picking up a server cache that could be corrupting something again, or checking to logging off on all devices before viewing the theme as being logged off and etc.)

An error message 404 I have got in the past was an admin thing, where I had done a moderator procedure, then could not log off until I had logged into admin panel, logged out of it, then I could log off. I think it is a bug.
However I cannot be certain it is the same forum software you run, nor anything else about it. I suspect it is unrelated to your theme problem hence my not mentioning it because it is something else to look into for the future.
While I'm at it, that all the other forums you look at are ok with themes, I still think it is irrelevant, well it is relevant in the sense that it makes me think it is server at this forum interacting with, or is your setup, rather than anything else. I'm not surprised the others are behaving normally.
Thanks for all the hints and tips. I think I have tried everything that I thought of, or has been suggested - new user, different computers, clearing caches and all that sort of stuff.

None of it seems to have solved the issue, so I am prepared to live with what I have. I can still do what I need to do - it just doesn't look as pretty.

I have a few busy weeks ahead (new vocalist to break in, lots of re-arranging, different keys and all that sort of thing) with a very important gig in around a month's time and I really need to devote my efforts to that, rather than worry about how the forum looks.

For the moment, I'll leave it as it is. I'll re-address the issue when I have more time to work on it.
Graeme

Some of my music here
Update:

Logged in this evening and everything seems to be back to normal Smile .

I have not changed anything!!!! I knew this was weird.

Sometimes, I hate computers.
Graeme

Some of my music here
That's explainable if the problem was in a cache either on the forum server or even with your ISP somehow—and now cleared. It might not come back (although it could conceivably corrupt or cache again).
Keep posting Smile