• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets app crashes when deleting a song through Companion
What it says on the tin: when I try to delete a song through the Companion App, the MobileSheets app on my tablet force closes.
I'm running the (currently) latest versions of both pieces of software.
Deleting songs from my tablet does work fine.

Bastien
Thanks for the report. I'll try to reproduce this, but I haven't had much luck in getting problems like this to occur.
Bastien, it would probably help Zuberman if you can give him additional information that might help pin down the problem. For example, what market did you purchase your app from? I recall that there have been crashes that were specific to a particular market (i.e. the auto-rotate bug from a few versions back, that happened on Amazon market builds, but not Google Play). Also, from your post it sounds like trying to delete any song will cause a crash, but it might be helpful to know the details about the specific song you were trying to delete: did it have any "strange" characters in the song title, artist, etc.? Was the title a duplicate of a song you already had on the tablet? Was it a Megadeth song? (just kidding on that last bit Smile
Hi,

Some additional information:
I bought MobileSheets from the SlideME-market.
Deleting any PDF will cause the crash.
It happened with PDF's that were one page long and with multiple page-PDF's.
There are no strange characters in title/artist/album/custom.
The titles were unique.

I didn't dare delete my Megadeth-collection. I'm afraid my tablet will explode if I even try...
Ditto on this bug. Companion 1.4.2 on Windows XP crashes If I try to delete a song from a set list. This happens every time. It is a completely repeatable and "stable" bug without exceptions.
(02-19-2013, 08:02 PM)fausto Wrote: Ditto on this bug. Companion 1.4.2 on Windows XP crashes If I try to delete a song from a set list. This happens every time. It is a completely repeatable and "stable" bug without exceptions.

I think this is a different bug.
In your case the companion app crashes when you delete a song from a setlist.
In my case the Android app crashes when I delete a song from the program.
I definitely don't see crashes in either case running v4.0.3 on the tablet and v1.4.2 on the PC. I'll have to try installing on XP to see if I can reproduce the issue there (if it's an OS issue). I would still like to get a copy of someone's library, and instructions on what song I should try to delete to get a crash. That would help a lot.
Just for the record, I'm running Windows 7.
I'll see what I can do about getting you my library tomorrow.

Bastien
(02-20-2013, 07:15 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I definitely don't see crashes in either case running v4.0.3 on the tablet and v1.4.2 on the PC. I'll have to try installing on XP to see if I can reproduce the issue there (if it's an OS issue). I would still like to get a copy of someone's library, and instructions on what song I should try to delete to get a crash. That would help a lot.
How do I go about sending you my library? Is a zip of all my pdf files OK or do I have to export from Mobilesheets in some way?
You need to create a backup of your library by going to Options->Utilities->Backup Library. This will create a .msb file that you can send to me which will be an exact copy of your library.
(02-20-2013, 11:33 AM)Zuberman Wrote: You need to create a backup of your library by going to Options->Utilities->Backup Library. This will create a .msb file that you can send to me which will be an exact copy of your library.
I can't seem to be able to attach a file to an email from this forum....

How shall I proceed?...
If the file is less than 10MB, you can email it to me at mike@zubersoft.com. If it's larger than that, we will need to use a file sharing service or something along those lines.
Bastien and Fausto - I got both your backups.. Thank you so much for taking the time to send those to me.

Fausto - Good news, I was able to replicate the problem and I will have a fix included with the next update.

Bastien - I've tried everything I can think of, but I still can't reproduce the crash. I restored your backup and deleted every song from the library without an error. Any ideas?
I'll try reinstalling the app to see if it helps.
I'll let you know what the result is.
(02-22-2013, 07:10 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Fausto - Good news, I was able to replicate the problem and I will have a fix included with the next update.

Thanks have just loaded 1.4.3 and this is fixed.