• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recording option
Music 
Just a question, I play in a Clarinet quartet and we are always looking at recording ourselves to see how we are balancing etc. I was wondering if there was a way to add an option to record on MobileSheets?

OR

If anybody knows a good app that will record (free preferably but will look into purchasing if need be). I have tried a couple but as soon as I leave the recording app to get to MobileSheets it stops recording. I need something that will work while I have MobileSheets open.
I'll definitely mark this down as an enhancement. I'm focused on changing the display code at the moment (to support positional zooming, cropping, vertical scrolling and two page views), but after I'm done, I'll make sure that a record feature is available on the new audio player I will put in MobileSheets.
This is the best app and support! You are great!

Any ideas on a recording app in the mean time?
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iri...erandroid/
I use this one on iOS and now it is coming out on Android. Might work for you?
(not sure if it is available yet.)
Other ones I have used are Hi-Q MP3 rec and RecForge Pro.
I have a cheaper tablet and the microphone is not great. It might be possible to connect a real microphone to your tablet if you do not get reasonable quality especially if you are checking your quartet's balance (I do not find the tablet picks up much bass.)
If the microphone itself does not give a good representation of the overall sound you cannot really rely on it for balancing.
Music 
Cool! Thanks!
Hi

Does anybody know whether or not MobileSheets pro will have a recording option implementet?

If yes, is it possible to switch recording / play by footswitch? This option would be interesting for rehersals and could become an interesting feature there. Imagine just recording a chorus or verse and then play back to control your playing -- and then save it to the song ....

Seamless looping would be a dream for a far future, also overdubs. But with Android I guess this will not be possible because of latencies.
It seems to me that some users are tending to lose sight of the real purpose of MS and I think the whole idea of using MS for recording is a step too far.

Firstly, there are existing solutions already available, so why ask Mike to re-invent the wheel?

Secondly, although it does seem to be improving with each new release, the Android platform is particularly poor when it comes to audio performance.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(01-24-2015, 05:43 AM)cloudygit Wrote: Hi

Does anybody know whether or not MobileSheets pro will have a recording option implementet?

If yes, is it possible to switch recording / play by footswitch? This option would be interesting for rehersals and could become an interesting feature there. Imagine just recording a chorus or verse and then play back to control your playing -- and then save it to the song ....

Seamless looping would be a dream for a far future, also overdubs. But with Android I guess this will not be possible because of latencies.

Especially in the case of using it as primarily a performance tool in addition to a rehearsing tool and not just the latter - more bulk to any app adds to potential complications and use of memory...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Browsing the forum I came across this topic "recording" which was once postet by tcmschlosser.  And Mike wrote 02.22.2013   "... I'll make sure that a record feature is available on the new audio player I will put in MobileSheets. "   I thought this might be an interesting feature also for me especially for rehearsals (I don't understand why androidxen would like to perform but not rehearse with MS - for me MS is a hub for my music). So I just asked the question if this feature is part of MSPRO. I did not ask Mike to re-invent the wheel nor was looping a request, it was just an idea for future consideration and I thought in this regard my posting was clear.  
To be honest,  my expectation was just getting an answer to my question but it seems to me that I somehow did cross a line which was clearly not my intention. So I apologize and retract my posting
No need to apologise, everyone is entitled to their own opinion/ideas with respect to MS. Mine happens to be to use software specifically designed to address a particular problem. If I want to look at music, then MS is a great solution, if I want to record something then I would look elsewhere, something like n-Track Studio Pro perhaps.

I am not a fan of software that tries to be all things to all men - this generally results in unnecessarily complex coding and a jack of all trades which is not the master of the one originally intended. I also remain to be convinced that any Android tablet is really a good option as a serious recording platform, since many (in fact, I don't know of one) have no option to connect an external mic and there is a high latency involved.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(01-24-2015, 11:17 PM)cloudygit Wrote: Browsing the forum I came across this topic "recording" which was once postet by tcmschlosser.  And Mike wrote 02.22.2013   "... I'll make sure that a record feature is available on the new audio player I will put in MobileSheets. "   I thought this might be an interesting feature also for me especially for rehearsals (I don't understand why androidxen would like to perform but not rehearse with MS - for me MS is a hub for my music). So I just asked the question if this feature is part of MSPRO. I did not ask Mike to re-invent the wheel nor was looping a request, it was just an idea for future consideration and I thought in this regard my posting was clear.  
To be honest,  my expectation was just getting an answer to my question but it seems to me that I somehow did cross a line which was clearly not my intention. So I apologize and retract my posting

I must apologize as well - it wasn't my intention to stifle discussion, I just had a strong opinion about keeping the app as low-impact on our devices as possible while maximizing functionality. I of course rehearse with MS, but as a musician who often needs to demonstrate the app's functionality to colleagues, worry more than I'd like to (or need to) about the stability of the app onstage.

As someone who demonstrates electronic page turning to colleagues on a regular basis, I encounter the discussion of stability - with physical pages, one may once in a whole accidentally knock their music over, or miss a page turn. However, the music is recoverable in seconds. With an electronic device, there are several more variables - the vulnerability of hardware, the innately finicky nature of any OS or program, and the combination of the two (when it comes to Android and its wonderful but sometimes fragmenting variety of devices). Once an app crashes, the performer must restart the app, select the music, and seek the page again. If the tablet crashes, well, it's time to challenge your memory of string quartet music.

If recording is a simple thing to add, I would be behind Mike and the users who desire it. If it could be an additional plug-in on the Play Store, that would be great. I personally use my phone for a basic metronome and rough recording device, and since it's always with me, it's often the case of having both in the practice room. Of course, this is my personal experience with MS these past couple of years, so, again, I am not against hearing the various personal experiences of others.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk