• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about switching songs in set list
It seems I cannot switch directly from one song to the next (either by pedal or by screen touch) in a setlist unless I load the full set list.

If I don't load the full set list, I can go back to the set list and select the next song.  But, I can't move from one song to the next.

Is it necessary to disable moving from one song to the next if the full setlist is not loaded?  I know it might take a little more time to load the next song, but I think I might prefer not to load a full setlist and still be able to move from one song to the next in the set list by touching the screen (or, if not disabled, using the pedal).

[Alternatively, if there is some reason that does not work, what if I set MSP settings to "load the next song" in the setlist.  Then I should be able to move to the next song in the setlist, no?]

Thanks!

Jeff
You can load an individual song from a setlist and still step through each song in order (make sure you go to the setlists tab to load the song, as what I'm about to suggest wont' work with the songs tab). To do this, go to Settings->Library Settings and check "Automatically Load Next Song". This will allow you to still load one song at a time, but when you advance past the end, it will look at the next song in the last viewed list on the library screen and go to the next song. I believe this should get you what you want.

Miike
(08-24-2015, 03:45 AM)Zuberman Wrote: You can load an individual song from a setlist and still step through each song in order (make sure you go to the setlists tab to load the song, as what I'm about to suggest wont' work with the songs tab). To do this, go to Settings->Library Settings and check "Automatically Load Next Song". This will allow you to still load one song at a time, but when you advance past the end, it will look at the next song in the last viewed list on the library screen and go to the next song. I believe this should get you what you want.

Miike
Mike, that does not seem to work for me.  Actually I had tried that before (and tried again now).

It seems like if I don't have "Always Load Whole Setlist" checked, it will not move to the next song (even if I have it set to Automatically Load Next Song").

Anyone else?  [I am always open the possibility of user error on my part].
I just played with this to see what happens. The 'automatically load next song' does not when in the set list tab. The description for the setting says it doesn't apply with a setlist loaded but it apparently doesn't apply to the setlist tab at all.
I next tried setting the top right corner as the touch/pedal setting 'go to next song' and checked the 'automatically load next song'. These settings did advance to the next song in the songs tab but not in the setlist tab. This works in the collections tab also.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Alright, sounds like a bug. I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks, Mike!
Just to confirm, I get the same behaviour Skip describes. Loading from the library, next song works. Loading from a set list, next song doesn't work.

The description of "Load next song" does say it doesn't apply to set lists, but it would be really nice if it did. I'm not sure what you intended Mike, but what I would like is to be able to load a single song from a set list, then tap the next or previous song actions and for it to load the next or previous song in the set list.

I don't want all the songs loaded. I want to be able to scroll through a single song without being able to see bits of the next or previous song, but then I would like to be able to load the next song without having to go back to the set list "index".

Regards

Andy
I've modified it so that the "Load next song" works with setlists as well. I believe I had intentionally disabled this before so that if the entire setlist was loaded, it wouldn't try to jump to a different song if the end of the setlist was reached (if the setlist was loaded from something like the recent tab). This doesn't appear to have been necessary, and I don't believe I thought about the case where one song from a setlist was loaded (with "Always Load Whole Setlist" disabled). It should all work now.

Mike
(10-04-2015, 02:03 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I've modified it so that the "Load next song" works with setlists as well. I believe I had intentionally disabled this before so that if the entire setlist was loaded, it wouldn't try to jump to a different song if the end of the setlist was reached (if the setlist was loaded from something like the recent tab).  This doesn't appear to have been necessary, and I don't believe I thought about the case where one song from a setlist was loaded (with "Always Load Whole Setlist" disabled).  It should all work now.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. 

I think whether its a set list or a collection and you go from the last song to the "next song", I would think it should just go back to the top of the list.  I would think this should apply whether the full set list is loaded or not.

Hope this is helpful.