• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Footpedal
My tablet (Hanspree 13.3) running android 4.2.2 has just ceased recognising that I have a foot pedal plugged in and therefore won't allow me to disable the android keyboard.  I've reprogrammed the foot switch on my PC, restarted the android OS, checked the connection to the tablet with a mouse.

So:
The footswitch is OK
The connection is OK

Anything else I could check - should the Hanspree recognise the mouse plugged in and allow me to disable the android keyboard because it doesn't.  I'm beginning to suspect the worst.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
(12-01-2015, 02:29 AM)namder Wrote: My tablet (Hanspree 13.3) running android 4.2.2 has just ceased recognising that I have a foot pedal plugged in and therefore won't allow me to disable the android keyboard.  I've reprogrammed the foot switch on my PC, restarted the android OS, checked the connection to the tablet with a mouse.

So:
The footswitch is OK
The connection is OK

Anything else I could check - should the Hanspree recognise the mouse plugged in and allow me to disable the android keyboard because it doesn't.  I'm beginning to suspect the worst.

John

So, the footswitch works, but you can't access the virtual keyboard?
(12-01-2015, 05:55 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 02:29 AM)namder Wrote: My tablet (Hanspree 13.3) running android 4.2.2 has just ceased recognising that I have a foot pedal plugged in and therefore won't allow me to disable the android keyboard.  I've reprogrammed the foot switch on my PC, restarted the android OS, checked the connection to the tablet with a mouse.

So:
The footswitch is OK
The connection is OK

John

I can access the virtual keyboard but I need to disable it to allow the foot pedal to work.  When the foot pedal is connected, Android assumes a USB keyboard has been connected and allows you to disable the Android keyboard, allowing the foot pedal to take over - this isn't happening.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
(12-01-2015, 06:34 AM)namder Wrote:

So:
The footswitch is OK
The connection is OK

John

I can access the virtual keyboard but I need to disable it to allow the foot pedal to work.  When the foot pedal is connected, Android assumes a USB keyboard has been connected and allows you to disable the Android keyboard, allowing the foot pedal to take over - this isn't happening.

John
Sorted by a factory reset which I was loathe to do but now OK.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
(12-01-2015, 09:44 AM)namder Wrote:

So:
The footswitch is OK
The connection is OK

John

John

John

Glad you were able to fix it.
(12-02-2015, 12:30 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:

So:
The footswitch is OK
The connection is OK

John

John

John

Unfortunately it's gone again so it's back for a warranty repair.

John
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2
(12-02-2015, 10:41 AM)namder Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 12:30 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(12-01-2015, 05:55 AM)jeffn1 Wrote: So, the footswitch works, but you can't access the virtual keyboard?

John

John

Unfortunately it's gone again so it's back for a warranty repair.

John
Final check over before sending for repair and substituted a different OTG cable and it's back working again.   Smile Smile Smile
Hannspree 13.3"
Android 4.2.2