• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
show-stopping pedal problem
Excellent news! I've been waiting anxiously to hear from you and I'm so happy things went well.
Just wanted a throw a thank-you in here, Mike - was getting this problem too.
I had a concert last Friday.
blaupunkt, 13.3
airturn PED
Pages turned 2 or three together, several times. One time I had the circle and a " longer" moment until one page appeared, too far forward . I managed "somehow" and I had to use my paper "backup" afterwards.

Should 1.4.6 already have fixed this problem, or only 1.4.7, which I have seen is available just now?
Or is it a different problem, bluetooth , too large pdf etc....
thanks, MelBonis
Content with: Blaupunkt Endeavour 13.3, Airturn Duo (august 2020)

(05-17-2016, 08:35 PM)MelBonis Wrote: I had a concert last Friday.
blaupunkt, 13.3
airturn PED
Pages turned 2 or three together, several times. One time I had the circle and a " longer" moment until one page  appeared, too far forward . I managed "somehow" and I had to use  my paper "backup" afterwards.

Should  1.4.6 already have fixed this problem,  or only 1.4.7, which I  have seen is available just now?
Or is it a different problem, bluetooth , too large pdf etc....
thanks, MelBonis

There is a setting to avoid double page turns (requires holding pedal down for some time before turning another page).  Maybe try that (and make sure you don't keep the pedal pushed down?).
That definitely sounds like a different issue than the one mentioned in this thread. It sounds like somehow the pedal was triggering multiple page turns at a time. What debounce setting are you currently using?
Hi jeffn1,
my Airturn PED (the new airturn) cannot turn more than 1 page on purpose. And day after day, for one year it never did. I can stay on it as long as I like, only a clear touch gives action.
But thankyou for your comment, I had other pedals in the past, I know that there are a lot of possible settings.

Bounce: the last year  I had always 0,5 seconds. With problems in the concert I changed to 0,0. nothing better or different. Today at home both works perfectly.

As it had happened already once, a year ago, also on this specific stage, but with different tablet and different bluetooth pedal:

I had thought,
-maybe I did too much turning with fingers, and also foot, and too often backwards to the beginning with three fingers, through all pieces. This happens only before this sort of concerts on this stage. Because I extensively practised page turn passages in the end.
-also the turning seemed to be much slower and in different tempo each time, other than normally. Anyway I closed everything, and rebooted. I had a little problem with pairing then, bluetooth only worked when I held the tablet nearer to the pedal. Nothing had changed afterwards. Not quicker, pages jumped now and then.
-maybe only this stage, a problem of  bluetooth, disturbed by some power circuit line under this special stage.
maybe this  one grand piano is the problem. It has a built-in air-condition. (I put it off both times after problems, first time , in the concert last year, everything went well ... by chance?)

I tried to reproduce the problem today, turning back and forward a lot. But everything is perfect, page turning is super quick and confident.

I have had issues with my tablet plugged in depending on the power supply. Was it plugged in?
no, it wasn't plugged in.
I should have tried debounce 1sec or 2 sec. But I was too much afraid, that I have to wait 1 or 2 sec for each page turn to return to the right page when it happens that pages run forward.
And debounce 0 was not worse. First I thought it is okay now. I tried a lot of pages till the very beginning of the program and had no more=less problems. In fact the first piece nearly worked, nearly....

(05-18-2016, 03:31 AM)MelBonis Wrote: As it had happened already once, a year ago, also on this specific stage, but with different tablet and different bluetooth pedal:

You may add: And a different version of MobileSheets and Andoid OS.

To me that is a strong indication of either a specific and peculiar way you treat the devices during this kind of performance, or some source of bluetooth disturbing radiation.

The first alternative you can test at home, by re-running the performance as closely as possible.

For the second alternative, try to get hold on a FireFly (or other USB pedal) and connect it via USB to see if the same problems turn up.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I have to wonder if you inadvertantly kept your foot pressing on the pedal down longer than you realized. . .
(05-18-2016, 03:31 AM)MelBonis Wrote: Bounce: the last year  I had always 0,5 seconds. With problems in the concert I changed to 0,0. nothing better or different. Today at home both works perfectly.

As it had happened already once, a year ago, also on this specific stage, but with different tablet and different bluetooth pedal:

I had thought,
-maybe I did too much turning with fingers, and also foot, and too often backwards to the beginning with three fingers, through all pieces. This happens only before this sort of concerts on this stage. Because I extensively practised page turn passages in the end.
-also the turning seemed to be much slower and in different tempo each time, other than normally. Anyway I closed everything, and rebooted. I had a little problem with pairing then, bluetooth only worked when I held the tablet nearer to the pedal. Nothing had changed afterwards. Not quicker, pages jumped now and then.
-maybe only this stage, a problem of  bluetooth, disturbed by some power circuit line under this special stage.
maybe this  one grand piano is the problem. It has a built-in air-condition. (I put it off both times after problems, first time , in the concert last year, everything went well ... by chance?)

I tried to reproduce the problem today, turning back and forward a lot. But everything is perfect, page turning is super quick and confident.

I too have had this issue when using the AirTurn PED. I suspect that it is a problem with the pedal itself because I have never experienced this with the PageFlip Cicada. I don't know how the PED mechanically works, but I wonder if the sensor or filament can occasionally stick, hence the repeated page turns. If you have the "bounce" or whatever it is called set at 0,0, then the unwanted turning happens very rapidly. Primarily for this very reason, I have it set at 1,5 seconds. Then, when the unwanted page turn happens, I quickly stomp the PED (unsticking? whatever has jammed) and turn pack with my finger. AirTurn kindly sent me a replacement, but I sometimes had the same problem with it, so I'm guessing it is a slight design flaw. The only bluetooth pedal that I have found to be 99.999% reliable is the PageFlip Cicada. It works flawlessly until it physically breaks from hour of use each day. I love the design of the Firefly and the PED, but I need to know that it will be there for me when it counts!

One other problem that I have had with the PED is it will freeze up my bluetooth if I leave it connected for too long (particularly if my tablet goes to sleep). Then, in some cases, I have to reboot the tablet.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, 12.2, and View (18.4)
PageFlip Cicada/Firefly, AirTurn PED
Quote:Posted by jeffn1 - 05-18-2016, 05:34 PM I have to wonder if you inadvertantly kept your foot pressing on the pedal down longer than you realized. . .
I can keep my foot pressing on the pedal as long as I like, nothing happens. Only a clear touch turns pages. But...I noticed if my touch is not very clear it might turn pages with a delay. but that is no problem.

I have practised a lot, I have played on three other stages in the meantime and had no problems.
It must be this precise stage that makes problems. Maybe I can ask somebody there what lies under the stage construction. Maybe a lot of cables for the underfloor heating, and all the electric devices.
And I bought an USB foot switch by Skythe, second-hand. It works, so I have an alternative for "special occasions" like this stage.

Sometimes the Airturn Ped is slower than usual. Maybe after writing new annotations. Then I go out of the setlist, close MS, and afterwards it is quick again.
I also unabled "always load the whole setlist".