• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generate song list
Why does 'generate song list' require more than one setlist to be selected?
I'd think generating a song list of a single setlist is also useful.

Also, the requirement (for more than one setlist) is not in the 1.0.7 docs.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I'm sure I used it successfully with only one setlist.
I created EricClapton_SignatureLicks_HalLeonard.csv in
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=3276
that way.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

You're right. I was misled by one of the earlier postings...
(And I was searching for it in the setlist display itself instead of the setlists display.)
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Anyway: why is "Generate Songlist" restricted to work only with setlists? It could be applied to any selection that selects 1 ... n songs.
In the usecase mentioned above: it would have saved some steps if I could have applied "Generate Songlist" to an album instead of a setlist.
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

I have to learn what a "songlist" in MS is, and how it differs from a "setlist" and a "collection".

Jeff
A Songliist is a list, just text, of the songs contained in a setlist. It's what you might want to pass to fellow musicians that do not use MSP to let them know a sequence of songs. No scores are included.
To create a Songlist select one or more setlists on the "Setlist" tab, then call "Generate Song List" from the drop down menu.
Specify the meta data fields from your MSP library and the separators that you want to be included in "Settings - Library Settings - Generate Song List Format"

(06-01-2016, 04:13 AM)itsme Wrote: A Songliist is a list, just text, of the songs contained in a setlist. It's what you might want to pass to fellow musicians that do not use MSP to let them know a sequence of songs. No scores are included.
To create a Songlist select one or more setlists on the "Setlist" tab, then call "Generate Song List" from the drop down menu.
Specify the meta data fields from your MSP library and the separators that you want to be included in "Settings - Library Settings - Generate Song List Format"

Thanks!