• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song durations
While building a setlist for a small and time-limited gig, it occurred to me that it would be handy if it were possible to store the duration of songs into MSPro, and have setlists (and the setlist editor) display the total duration of the songs.
When importing a new song that has an mp3 associated, the duration could be initially filled with the duration of the mp3.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
I've received a number of requests for displaying the combined duration of songs in a setlist (along with dividers that can be used to show duration up to a certain point in the setlist), so it seems to be something that a lot people would benefit from. I'm going to try to make time for features like this soon.

As for automatically populating duration, I actually already support this. You just have to enable the option to populate metadata when importing audio files.
(07-11-2016, 03:53 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I've received a number of requests for displaying the combined duration of songs in a setlist (along with dividers that can be used to show duration up to a certain point in the setlist), so it seems to be something that a lot people would benefit from.  I'm going to try to make time for features like this soon.

Thank you!

Quote:As for automatically populating duration, I actually already support this.  You just have to enable the option to populate metadata when importing audio files.

This I usually avoid since I do not want the song fields to be overwritten by bogus song metadata. Most of my song audio files are home-made recordings and do not have sensible metadata.
Song duration OTOH is not metadata from MP3 tags, it is calculated.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).