• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy fingering PLEASE
Hello,

I am very happy with playing from MobileSheets (Android). I have also tried a different app, but MobileSheets is far superior!

But there is one point that either does not work correctly, or I am not using it right: adding or changing fingerings in a score. I only use piano scores.

What I did this morning is the following: 
- I opened a score and clicked on the modify button (the "painting brush"). I came into the editing screen, as I should. So far so good.
For me then the trouble started. 
- First I just wanted to add some fingering. So I chose the "A" icon and clicked near the place where I wanted to add the fingering. The following things happened.

- When I clicked the place where I wanted to add fingering, the (blue) "frame" appeared. Sadly not exactly at the place I touched, but somewhere near that place. 
- So I had to shift the frame up, down, left and right several times, until it was at the right place. This really was not easy at all, because the frame does not move as one expects. Mostly it moves too fast or too slow. It seems not possible to control.
- Sometimes the frame completely disappeared when I tried to move it. 

In one hour time I was just able to add two fingerings. I also tried to remove some printed fingering from the score, but that did not work at all. I used the "eraser" symbol when I tried to do this.
Then I gave up. One hour for two fingerings and a failed attempt to remove some fingering.

So please add a system to easily add or modify fingering or please let me know what I do wrong. For me the current system simply does not work.
Using Hannspad 13.3 inch Android tablet and Pageflip Firefly pedal with MobileSheets for piano.
Look in the dropdown activated by the triangle in a circle on the top left, about half way down is are a pair of diamond shaped icons [show nudge tool xxxx], tap both of them [turn orange], do the same with the 'show pen settings, at the top of the dropdown. You can move then control the 'dot frame' by tapping on the arrows.
I 'remove' [hide] items on the pdf by activating the 'pencil'. selecting the rectangle mode, then selecting the appropriate background and fill colors to match my pdf background [black/white].
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
As Skip mentioned, first draw a rectangle for where you want the text, enter it, and then use the nudge tool to put it perfectly in place. If you need to hide content behind the text, set the fill color for the textbox to white. If you are trying to just write on the score instead of using the text tool and you want to erase content on the PDF itself, you have to use a white box to hide the content. I do not support modifying the image embedded in the PDF - the eraser tool is not meant for that. The eraser tool just allows you to draw a box around annotations you've created in MobileSheetsPro that you want to erase (or sections of those annotations).

The easiest way to hide the pdf content is to tap the pen tool, switch the draw type to rectangle, set the fill to white and then draw the box using your finger over any content you don't want to be shown. You can then add content on top of that white box afterward if needed.
Thanks for the replies. The nudge tool helps a lot. The rest is getting acquainted with the editor.
However, the remains one wish: I have a score with a set of identical chords next to each other, but in one of them is a printing error, which is quite difficult to correct.
If it were possible to copy one of the correct chords and paste it over the wrong one, that would be very helpful.
Thanks.
Using Hannspad 13.3 inch Android tablet and Pageflip Firefly pedal with MobileSheets for piano.