• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Gallery shows every song folder in gallery list
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to prevent the Android Gallery from including every MobileSheets song folder as a separate folder in the Gallery list?

Android: 3.2.1
MobileSheets: 4.0.10

Cheers,
Bryson.
(06-22-2013, 06:31 PM)Bryson Wrote: Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to prevent the Android Gallery from including every MobileSheets song folder as a separate folder in the Gallery list?

Android: 3.2.1
MobileSheets: 4.0.10

Cheers,
Bryson.

Hi Bryson,

If you want to prevent Gallery from seeing your MobileSheets image files, you can add a file named ".nomedia" to the top level folder that you want to be excluded. The file doesn't have to contain anything; it can be empty. There are some apps out there which will automatically create these files for you; the OI File Manager is one. (but you have to enable the option in the Settings section)

This assumes that your MobileSheets songs are in their own folder (which is the case for me).

I should mention that I've tested this on my Nexus 10 after finding the solution in a forum, and it works (I am running Android 4.2.2). I don't know if it works in all Android versions.
Thanks for the suggestion Snard,

I've tried that but I'm still getting the hundreds of folders showing up, and yes, I hit the "Clear data" button for Gallery under Setings -> Applications -> All Applications -> Gallery and rebooted the device, just to make sure.

Either, I've done something wrong, or this solution doesn't work for my device. Thanks for the option thougth!

Further information: Using a Toshiba Thrive 10".
Where are you trying to add the folder Bryson? MobileSheets, by default, copies files to /sdcard/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheets/files/. This is probably the directory you want to hide, right?
Yup, that's the folder.