• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing sheetmusic with same name
Hi,

I occasionally accompany choirs. Lot of the songs used have the same titel but do differ internally.
I create  a collection per choir. And use batch import from data I ftp'ed to my external SD card.

But while I'm importing it doesn't do what I want.

It comes, depending on the setting, with duplicates, or updates a prevkously loaded version of the file.

What's the best way to approach this?

Nico
Have you tried the setting "add unique ID to filenames" under "Storage"?

It was designed for handling duplicate filenames
Yes, I tried that one. But then got the dups.
Am struggling with this for years now Smile But decided to get this working now.

Will start from scratch now and see where I get.
The dups will happen when adding the file id.
When updating a score you need to use the swap file option

When are you getting unwanted dups?
(06-13-2017, 04:56 PM)Rey_a Wrote: The dups will happen when adding the file id.

At the moment I'might simply importing.
Haven't seen this swap file option. I'll look at that later.
(06-13-2017, 04:56 PM)Rey_a Wrote: The dups will happen when adding the file id.

After unchecking the "let MobileSheets Manage My Files"things start working as I want. Remember that Mike Z. told me this years back  Blush
Will experiment with that.

Apparently MS only checks for filenames ? I had renamed another file to an existing one. But wsa seen as e duplicate.

The sheetmusic I use changes regularly. How can I tell MS to overwirte exising file when a new one arrives? And not getting dups.
Long press the score to be updated and then select 'swap file'
(06-13-2017, 08:04 PM)Rey_a Wrote: Long press the score to be updated and then select 'swap file'

Great.

Well. Maybe it's time to read the manual. Use MS for years but never came past the first 10 pages.

Thanks for assisting