• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
annotations in windows 10 and Android
Hallo everybody,

After editing my scores in Windows 10 (64bit), I backup the the library on my PC. (The MSPro Settings are also included into the backup file).
I use the same file and restore it with the MSPro-Companion into my Smartphone (Samsung S7).

Some annotations do not maintain their position into the score, when opening the songs with the smartphone.

I attached two pictures, where you can see

- how the characters of a chord (created with the textbox mode, of the annotation editor) are tilted and moved.
- How the fingerings, positioned over each other in the windows version, are showing beside each other in the smartphone.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: I normaly use my windows-setup when playing live. In case of a software/laptop-fail, I will have to use my backup/android-setup.
So it can be pretty confusing if the annotations are for example moved over the wrong notes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

electricOdysseas

Windows 11
Android
MobileSheetsPro
As far as the chords not being put on different lines, I'm willing to bet that's because of a difference in line endings (\r\n on Windows, \n on Android). I will run some tests to see if I can reproduce that issue and get it fixed for the next update.

As far as the text issue with the chords, I have found that all the unicode characters that you add through the insertion dropdown will not scale properly between devices (and this not something I can fix). This is a problem whether you go from Android to Android or Android to Windows 10 (or vice versa). I'm going to remove the ability to add those symbols in text annotations as soon as I've reworked the stamps to use a music font. My hope is that the music font will scale properly between the devices unlike those special unicode characters. In the meantime, if you need to move your library between devices, you can't rely on those unicode characters. You will have to instead insert stamps or use b for flat and # for sharp.

Mike
When inserting symbols in stamp mode, by the way, create the same problem. Not every and each of them, but sometimes. If you want I can sent you some pics!

Using "#" and "b" is a good idea!
I was doing exactly that, before I discovered the ability to add those symbols in text annotations some days ago (and I used it, because the look better than "#" and "b"). So I will not have to correct a lot... Smile

Happy Easter and thanks for the great support!
electricOdysseas

Windows 11
Android
MobileSheetsPro
It was an issue of line endings like I thought - I've corrected the Windows 10 code to always use only '\n' for line breaks, and the Android side will now handle '\r' and '\n' in case it's dealing with annotations from Windows.

Mike
Thanks a lot!
Since the 2.1.3 update, line breaks show in both windows 10 and android correctly.

Greetings and thank you!
electricOdysseas

Windows 11
Android
MobileSheetsPro