• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find and load song with Touch Gesture
Even though we've built set lists and added songs to them, inevitably there will be an "audible" called and we'll have to dig through the Songs database to find that substitute song.

In Forscore, one could setup a touch gesture (2 finger, 3 finger, etc) to bring up a search bar that searches the entire database and then one could easily find the next song.

Unless I'm just not seeing it in the settings ... it would be great if MSP had this feature.

So, I'm in a setlist but need to quickly pull up a song not in any setlist. I could 2 finger tap, the search bar drops down from the top, I tap a few letters, see the song I'm looking for, tap on the name and it loads up.

Would this help anyone else?
12 tablets (Insignia, ONN, Dragon Touch). Ranging from Android 5 to 9.
I think this can be done now. Tap edit at the top of the page, add the song, return to the set list, tap the song in the setlist. If in performance mode with 'load all songs' selected you need to go back one step to the list, before loading. You can also tap the funnel 'search' function which seems to work in both performance and overlay modes. Having 'load all songs' complicates things by adding a couple of steps. 
You may be asking to do this with all the songs loaded without all of the intervening steps of course.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
I think I am asking to do this without all the necessary steps.

I was thinking of a single gesture (2 finger touch) and it bring up a search bar.

As of now, there's no option to bring up a "FIND SONG" or "SEARCH" under the settings for 2 or 3 finger touch.
Tap the bottom right corner of the screen with a song loaded to bring up the quick action box. Long press the right icon and select "Quick find song". Now you can just single tap that icon to find a song (so one tap to bring up the box, one tap to search). That should do exactly what you are asking for. If you want that added to the list of supported touch actions, I can look into doing that too.

Mike
(05-04-2018, 07:10 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Tap the bottom right corner of the screen with a song loaded to bring up the quick action box. Long press the right icon and select "Quick find song". Now you can just single tap that icon to find a song (so one tap to bring up the box, one tap to search). That should do exactly what you are asking for. If you want that added to the list of supported touch actions, I can look into doing that too.

Mike

I didn't know that was there. Thats great.

IF at all possible to add this feature to a touch action, I, for one, would definitely use it. Anyone else?
I agree, fast access via touch action to that quick find function would be great.
I usuallly ignore the quick action box, because I never use three of its five actions. If I could configure the actions freely I would set them to my most important functions and the quick action box would become one of my favorites.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

The reason they aren't all configurable is because I used a long press on some of them to jump straight to the settings for that particular tool. I'll have to think of a way to allow them to be configured but still support the long press capability. I may expand the quick action box to contain a 3x3 grid, and the top right icon will be a settings icon that you can use to set the actions for the other 8.

Mike
For me, the less amount of gestures help a lot. I have one hand on the piano and other on the tablet and limiting the amount of dead time helps A LOT.

So, a single touch  gesture for search would be cool ... especially because very often we're on stage playing and moving and getting supreme accuracy when pressing smaller icons can be tricky.

Just my .02