• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth settings shortcut
I often forget pairing my BT page changer before I start MSP (and sometimes only need it later).

Since it is a bit of a hassle to switch to the Android settings to pair (and I also don't want to leave MSP if not necessary since it always could
result in a long reload of a big database in situations with low memory) I think it would be great if one could turn BT on and off and pair a device without leaving MSP. If this is not possible due to restrictions or whatever it would be nice to have a shortcut to go directly to the Android BT settings from within MSP. (Or did I overlook something like that already existing?)
What kind of tablet do you have? On my Nexus 10, I can just drag down the status bar from the top of the screen and tap to enable bluetooth. I can also long press the bluetooth icon to go straight to the BT settings. The same is true on my Samsung Note Pro 12.2 and on my phone (HTC 10).  I'm surprised you don't have anything like that on your device. If there really is no way for you to quickly access the bluetooth settings, then if BT is disabled, you can go to "Connect Tablets" on the library screen, change the dropdown to "Bluetooth" and will prompt you to enable bluetooth. Pairing is more complicated though - you will have to go to the Android BT settings for that. Given that most devices have a way to enable/disable bluetooth or go to the settings quickly, I'm not sure this is worth adding to MobileSheetsPro itself.

Mike
I don't understand why you would need such a feature.

Once you have paired your pedal with the tablet, it should automatically connect every time you switch on the tablet and pedal (assuming you have BT turned on).
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Well, my tablet in question is still a Sony Xperia Z2. And of course I have the BT on/off and the long press to go to the BT settings like you say. 

But the pairing doesn't stick always or sometimes gets lost (I'm using an ABshutter with a rubber at my finger. Sounds weird but works for me better than a pedal). Also if you pair your tablet with other devices (for instance a BT headphone)  in the meantime it also doesn't connect automatically with the pedal again.

And each time I leave the MSP GUI I risk a database reload. OK, this is a special problem with my very big database and resulting memory trouble which may be solved with the future implementing of multiple databases. 

There have been a few times where I had to go the the preferences to pair again and also had to wait for the reload (not something I can afford in a performance). 

So I thought a quick "pair with (preselected) BT device" from MSP would be useful and not only to me.

But if nobody else thinks that I can/have to adjust to always pair before a MSP start, hope for the best and wait for the multiple database feature.
I'd never heard of the AB Shutter until I read this thread.  I did a little research and it seems that (for some users) this is a useful little toy and, obviously, a lot cheaper than any of the pedals out there.

However, my research revealed one thing that I thought would be highly likely - the device will go to sleep after a period of inactivity (90 seconds seems to be the figure concerned).  It's this sleep mode that has been the stumbling block for many of us that have tried to press BT mice and keyboards into use as an alternative to a 'proper' pedal as it can cause the loss of pairing.  It was the sleep mode problem that encouraged me to use an EZ Key module (which does not go to sleep).  Details here - https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...ight=pedal .

I did find a couple of articles relevant to the problem - http://www.the-bridge.cc/ct137s15/?p=2647 and https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2016/02/cheap-bluetooth-buttons-and-linux/ .  Whether or not you feel competent or ambitious enough to have a go at any of these solutions, I leave up to you. 
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
Getting a bit OT here, but nevermind.

@Graeme
I heard of the ABShutter first time here in the forum one or two years back. I ordered one for 7 or 8 Euro (way too much) and was disappointed because indeed I couldn't use it because it went to sleep erratically during performances.

Just a couple of months back I played around with the Joom app (nice and cheap way to get China gadgets) and I saw the (or a) ABShutter for 1 € and I ordered it with some other useless stuff just to try it again.

And this one doesn't go to sleep and works as I initially hoped. It rather seems to be luck to get one that doesn't have this problem.

So, yes, I know about the "going to sleep problem" and experienced it. And no, that's not the reason for my request since this is some kind of unpairing I also had with the pedal device so not related to that specific ABShutter sleep problem.