• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything Gone after update
Sad 
Mike,

After an update, everything is missing completely. During the download of the update, I got a message along the lines of "Not able to install on SDCard or USBdrive" but I never told it to do anything of the such...And MobileSheets was gone from my directory. I got this message twice, and on the third time that I downloaded the program, it allowed me to install.

So I open the program, and there are no files, I search for mobilesheets.db and can't find it. The only file with the name mobilesheets is MobileSheetsFiles.msb and that's from November of last year...

Is there anyway to recover all of my files with the annotations? I have backups of everything on my dropbox, but of course, the annotations won't be there, and having starting recital preparations, I would really like it if they were!

Thanks, and crossing my fingers!

Ron
Ron,

Oh no, I'm so sorry this happened! It seems like when your tablet went to install the update, it must have uninstalled MobileSheets, which completely deleted everything. While I keep automatic database backups now, they are placed inside the private data directory, which is automatically deleted upon uninstall. I can't think of any way to fix the problem if it really did uninstall MobileSheets. Not that it helps at all now, I always suggest people make backups of either the entire library, or at least just the backup (Options->Advanced->Export Database) before an update, just in case anything weird happens.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. I feel awful that you are going to have to redo so much work.

Mike