• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two page display
Have you guys heard about those:

https://docs.elotouch.com/ELO_I-Series-A...10_web.pdf

I think it's cheaper than Gvido (under $900 USD), but it is Android 7.1, only 32GB of internal memory and no USB-C.
After experiencing for a while with touchscreen monitor on a stand (K&M has gear for a VESA mount on a low profile microphone stand), it is still too bulky to have wires going to a mini-PC etc...
I've been using a 7" Asus Memo Pad with Mobilesheets and have paired it with a 24" AOC TV monitor to display all of my sheet music. An Asus Miracast dongle takes care of the wireless feed from the tablet to the monitor and gets plugged into the HDMI port at the base of the monitor. Page turning is accomplished with a bluetooth Pageflip Cidada pedal. The monitor is mounted to an Audio 2000 flat panel tripod and the Memo Pad is attached to the piano stand via a Hercules tablet holder.

I admit that it's likely not the most portable solution but it's a pretty stable platform for home use. I think the monitor set me back <$200 Cdn and the tablet was around $100 Cdn.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Mike,

excuse me to shove the old thread again to the front ...

(02-16-2019, 01:53 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can work on adjusting the behavior to allow the last page to be displayed on the master - that shouldn't be hard to do.  Displaying multiple pages per tablet is a different beast though. That would cause significant complexity in each tablet knowing what pages they are responsible for and knowing what page each one should skip to with each page turn. Unlike the vertical scrolling display mode, I'd have to do multiple passes to figure out which pages can be fully displayed and which can't so that I don't display part of a page on one tablet. Perhaps long term I could try to tackle something like this, but in the short term, I can't bite off something this complex off as it's really like an entirely different kind of book mode instead of just a small change to the existing design.

I'm not sure if I understood your arguments correctly, but let me dream about a setting that shouldn't be too hard to make it happen, IMHO:

If I take two tablets side by side and define the left one always as the master, it shouldn't be too hard to to realize the alternating full page turns (where the left one - master - is always displaying the odd, the right one - slave - the even pages). I guess it would suffice to keep the strict distinction to take the master always as the left one. This should keep the control complexity (on behalf of which tablet should show which pages) rather low. I think it would basically boil down to:

# Master: show first odd
# Slave: show first even
# 1st turn: turn master page +2
# 2nd turn: turn slave page +2
# every forward/backward turn: turn last but one page display +/- 2, regardless what the last move was

# and, of course: ignore forward/backward turning requests when either master or slave has reached last/first page of the song

Or am i too optimistic?

Cheers,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink
Petra,

I already support that. When you configure the master/new group and you enable "Book mode", there is a setting for the page turn mode. You can change that to "Alternate Pages". You can also access this through the song overlay (just like you would with the standard two page mode). So I don't believe anything needs to change for that.

Mike
Hi Mike,

sorry for the fuss! I checked the manual before posting, but I forgot that I didn't have the most recent manual. I noticed that right after the posting and fetched the newest(? Version 1.1.4, for 2.7.7) one. But scanning that, I only found the book mode for migrating through the sheets, i.e. 1+2 => 2+3 => 3+4, which is just not what alternating page turning would do, IMHO (1+2 => 3+2 => 3+4), so I decided to leave my posting as it was.

If the alternating page turning is possible for coupled tablets already, everything is fine! In that case it might be worthwhile to extend the description in the manual respectively. (I cannot check it right now as I presently don't have my 2nd tablet available - due to MSP advertising reasons currently deposited with a friend Wink )

Kind regards,

Petra

P.S.: Your non-English web pages on MSP might be in need of an overhaul: They are partially dysfunct and do not point to any sensible content. I can very well understand that it is very troublesome to keep them in good order. But if the effort for this is too much (absolutely acknowledged!) it might be better to take them out and rely in the understanding of the English pages by your visitors. Same holds for the manuals themselves: It might be wise to add a small remark (directly on the download page!) to the non-English version to be outdated, since you can detect this only by downloading and comparing both English and native language versions.
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink
Regarding German manual / homepage:
I translated the German UI (and feel responsible to continue that) so Mike already contacted me to take a look at the German homepage.
But I did not answer for a long time because of other priorities. Sorry for that.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

What non-English pages are you referring to? The French translation was just done recently and it was handled by my French translator and his wife. The translation should be very good. There are no other non-English pages that I'm aware of. The German translation is not available yet so you can't even select it in the dropdown.

With the manuals, an outdated manual in another language is still better than no manual at all for users who don't speak English. I get contacted all the time by users who want the manual in their language and they are extremely disappointed that I can't offer it for all languages at the moment. The outdated manual may not cover every feature, but it covers 95% of the app. 

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike and Itsme,

I'm completely with you regarding an outdated manual being better than none. But, as written already, I'd suggest to mark the respective manuals either as (slightly) outdated immediately on the download page (see screenshot below), or, even better, name the version of the respective manual there. So it can be readily perceived where to look for potential newer features, or compare the offered material with that already downloaded some time ago.

The following screenshot is the empty German "Handbuch" (manual) menu tab (as indicated by the url). My browser: Firefox 70.0.1 on Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS. Mind the malformed footer line in both screenshots as well.

Kind regards,
Petra
Petra,

I can put the version numbers there for the manual. How did you even select German? That's not available through the dropdown at the top right. Did you just enter "de" on your own? If so, there is no German translation so you won't see anything on any of the web pages. French is the only other language that is currently supported, which is why it's the only one available in the dropdown. If users (or my translators) want to help translate the website into other languages, then those choices will become available.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

well - I searched for zubersoft via Google, and was directed to https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/ with the automatic setting to show the german page(s) (see "Deutsch" in the top right corner). I guess this was automagically derived from my requester-url(?).

After that I clicked on "Handbuch" (manual) and arrived at the empy content by https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/manual.php?lang=de (as shown before).

Hope that helps with tracking ...

Cheers,
Petra
Just an addendum:

(12-10-2019, 01:54 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: ..., there is no German translation so you won't see anything on any of the web pages.

Wrong: If I migrate through the top tabs I get reasonable (but presumably outdated) content on the first four tabs (up to "Pedale"), and then non-existent, partial, or wrong content on the other ones.

Cheers,
Petra
Now I should quote and reply to my own mail for the benefit of other interested readers: Big Grin

(12-08-2019, 06:49 PM)Petra-Kathi Wrote: If the alternating page turning is possible for coupled tablets already, everything is fine!

Yes, it is fine Exclamation

I checked with a very old 7" Google tablet, and can confirm it worked for me - although the full page display is ridiculous on that thing, and I'd never even dream of using it in this constellation. But now I may have another Xmas gift suggestion for my family ... Rolleyes

Just a small subsequent question: are annotations managed over the master/slave structure as well? I.e.: If I scribble something onto the slave screen - would it be transmitted and annotated on the master pages / in both libraries as well?

If this is not possible yet, I'd regard that as a sensible dev suggestion.

Cheers,
Petra
I've fixed the website so it won't display German now. You are correct that I had started writing some code to detect the active language on the device and I switched to German if that was the active language. Sorry about that. A user did help translate parts of the website a long time ago. Unfortunately the version that was translated is very out of date now.

No, annotations are not sent over like that. Other users have asked for it as well, but it involves a lot of changes so I was putting it off until I had more time.

Mike
Hi Mike,

(12-11-2019, 06:47 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: No, annotations are not sent over like that. Other users have asked for it as well, but it involves a lot of changes so I was putting it off until I had more time.

Might the following be an approach with quite less effort than the full-fledged solution:
# During usage of the master/slave setup, store additional annotations only locally (on slave).
# Upon active request by user (not real-time, not automatically, not concurrently to other tasks, only for active m/s setups), compare databases of m/s and transmit additional changes from slave to the master

Kind regards,
Petra