• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixed aspect in cropping feature
Hello, 
In the actual mode, manual
cropping of pages is totally unlinked to the display aspect. 
Do you think it would be possible to have an option to setup the display size (and it's aspect ratio) and force cropping to follow it in order to maintain the correct aspect with respect to the display?
Also I'm thinking about a possible different behavior for cropping in this way, that could be even faster than the actual mode: it could be done by implementing a new cropping mode (name it for example "P/Z Crop") that work as pan and zoom, so you make a kind of resizing  of the page and it ends  storing the page cropped in the exact borders you've seen during that operation. Do you think it could be done?
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra 14.6" - Nord Stage 2 HA88
That certainly could be done, and I can understand the usefulness in that approach, as you know exactly how things will look after you complete the panning. It will require quite a few changes though to allow all that in the cropping editor and then to calculate the cropping dimensions from the visible portion of the page on the screen. It's doable but will take some time and effort, so I don't know when exactly that would fit into the current schedule.

Mike
(07-01-2018, 05:58 PM)Zuberman Wrote: That certainly could be done, and I can understand the usefulness in that approach, as you know exactly how things will look after you complete the panning. It will require quite a few changes though to allow all that in the cropping editor and then to calculate the cropping dimensions from the visible portion of the page on the screen. It's doable but will take some time and effort, so I don't know when exactly that would fit into the current schedule.

Mike

That's great Mike! Thanks alot for your work, but also take time to go to the beach!  Wink
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra 14.6" - Nord Stage 2 HA88