• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control Change commands
Hi,
Is there any way to send control change commands using mobile sheets?

I want to control the volume of my Roland XP-50 for each song differntly.

The format I need is 
Status     2nd Byte 3rd Byte
Bnh         07H         vvH

n is channel number (So that's set to 1 in the mobile sheets app already)
and vv is a number between 0 and 127 to set volume,

I see control change is an option in the program but can't see command change?
Anybody know if/how i could do this?
Long press your song, then tap Edit Song, go to the MIDI tab, tap the plus button on the right to add a new MIDI command, change the dropdown to "Control Change", enter 7 for number and enter your volume in the value field. That's all you need to do if you want to trigger the volume change when the song is loaded. Alternatively, you could assign that same command to a smart button and drop that button on your score. You could then tap the button when you want to change the volume.

Mike
(08-08-2018, 07:51 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Long press your song, then tap Edit Song, go to the MIDI tab, tap the plus button on the right to add a new MIDI command, change the dropdown to "Control Change", enter 7 for number and enter your volume in the value field. That's all you need to do if you want to trigger the volume change when the song is loaded. Alternatively, you could assign that same command to a smart button and drop that button on your score. You could then tap the button when you want to change the volume.

Mike

Thanks for the response, I mixed up in my question control change and command change...are they the same thing? My manual uses command change. I had been trying that very thing with no success, control change with number 7 and the value of volume but didn't seem to make any difference :-(

EDIT: Further research led me to continuous controller and control change are the same thing so it should work. Maybe there's some synth setting i'm missing, the Roland XP-50 responds perfectly to the patch select and the system exclusive transpose commands I send it for each song.
I've never heard the term "command change" used with MIDI before. So if it's not a control change message, then the only other thing that would make sense would be a system exclusive message where you have to send the proper hex bytes.

Mike
(08-09-2018, 03:53 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I've never heard the term "command change" used with MIDI before. So if it's not a control change message, then the only other thing that would make sense would be a system exclusive message where you have to send the proper hex bytes.

Mike

Mike thanks for all your replies, yeah it is a control change, it was just listed as continuous controler in my Roland XP50 manual.
I might trying figuring out the system exclusive and seeing if I have any more joy with that.

So further research led me to the midi sysex Universal Realtime System Exclusive command:
F0 7F 7F 04 01 00 ML F7
if (00t o 7F) decimal (0*127) (I'm guessing this will work on Roland XP as seems to be answer for integra)

Where ML is the master volume level, this will work on all midi devices

F0 7F 7F 04 01 NN ML F7 might be required if device uses 14bit volume level (0000 to 3FFF) decimal - (0 to 16383) NN contains first two digits and ML the second two.

Note that no checksum is required for this command.
This updates all the outputs not just one channel so it's a better command to use.

Just updated here as it might help somebody else who is researching!

Chris

EDIT:
So further research led me to the midi sysex Universal Realtime System Exclusive command:
F0 7F 7F 04 01 00 ML F7
if (00t o 7F) decimal (0*127) (I'm guessing this will work on Roland XP as seems to be answer for integra)

Where ML is the master volume level, this will work on all midi devices

F0 7F 7F 04 01 NN ML F7 might be required if device uses 14bit volume level (0000 to 3FFF) decimal - (0 to 16383) NN contains first two digits and ML the second two.

Note that no checksum is required for this command.
This updates all the outputs not just one channel so it's a better command to use.

Just updated here as it might help somebody else who is researching!