• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Import From Tablet
Hi, I just got mobilesheets for my tablet (galaxy note 10.1) and had a question as I've trying to get it set up. I searched and didn't find any answers so I thought I'd post here. I've been using adobe reader to play my sheet music from for awhile and because of that I have a large number of sheet music pdfs saved to my tablet. I can't seem to find a way to batch import them into the ms app except for copying them to my computer, using the companion and then batch importing them. Seems like a lot of a hassle if there's a way to batch import directly from the tablet. I'll keep looking for an answer but any help would be appreciated.
Hello Rockman,

There are several ways to import on the tablet. The first is using the batch import dialog. There are two ways to access this. The first is the circle with a downward arrow at the top right of the library screen. Tap this to show the popup window, then tap the "Batch Import" icon. The other way is to go into the Options->Utilities->Batch Import. This will allow you to select any folder on your tablet and import all PDFs or images (or both).

You can also import one file at a time by tapping on the big plus button at the top right of the library screen (which brings up the song editor), and then tap on the folder button to select an individual file to add to MobileSheets.

Let me know if you have any problems with this,
Mike
ok great, I'm going to try that now. One other questions though, if I batch import a song thats already in mobile sheets will it allow duplicates?
Yes it will. There is a checkbox on the batch import dialog to avoid duplicates though. This "Avoid Duplicates" setting performs checks based on filename, so if you add a PDF with the same name twice, it won't be imported the second time.

Mike
(09-10-2013, 03:06 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello Rockman,

There are several ways to import on the tablet. The first is using the batch import dialog. There are two ways to access this. The first is the circle with a downward arrow at the top right of the library screen. Tap this to show the popup window, then tap the "Batch Import" icon. The other way is to go into the Options->Utilities->Batch Import. This will allow you to select any folder on your tablet and import all PDFs or images (or both).

You can also import one file at a time by tapping on the big plus button at the top right of the library screen (which brings up the song editor), and then tap on the folder button to select an individual file to add to MobileSheets.

Mike

I tried this method, but I'm unable to locate the folder with all my PDFs. When I use File Manager, the folder is easily found on the internal storage, just like documents folder and music folder etc... but the Batch import takes me to "root" with a bunch of data files and folders, none of which seem to contain the folder with my PDFs. I'm using a Toshiba Excite, 13.3 inch. How can I find my pdfs to import them?

(10-07-2013, 05:07 AM)Erol Wrote:
(09-10-2013, 03:06 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello Rockman,

Mike

I tried this method, but I'm unable to locate the folder with all my PDFs. When I use File Manager, the folder is easily found on the internal storage, just like documents folder and music folder etc... but the Batch import takes me to "root" with a bunch of data files and folders, none of which seem to contain the folder with my PDFs. I'm using a Toshiba Excite, 13.3 inch. How can I find my pdfs to import them?

I found my answer- root>mnt>sdcard>MyFolderwithPDF