• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple (I think) Link Point Question
I just started using link points due to the need to buy a replacement pedal (BT-106) that does not allow you to entirely eliminate de-bounce (on my Firefly I used to just hold down the pedal to move through a lot of pages, like going to the beginning of a (10-page?) song).  (I guess link points are a better way of doing this anyway.)

So, here is a simple hypothetical I am hoping you can help me with so I can use this better.  (like I said I have a two pedal page turner).

If I have, let's say, at 10 page song.

I want to play through most of the song to page 8.

Link to page 2.

Then at page 4, I want to link back to page 8.

So, how do I set it up so the first time it hits page 4 it goes to the next page instead of the link.

Then at page 8 I want the link to trigger transferring me to page 2.

Then the second time I get to page 4 I want the link to take me to page 8.

I guess I would like the right pedal to always trigger the links (always sort of "going forward in the song").

But, of course, most the time the pedal is used to turn to the next page.

So I guess the simple question is, how do I set it up so the first time I get to a link (page 4) it ignores it, but on page 8 the link takes precedence (the first time) over a page turn.

Thanks. (I did read the manual, but the answers on this forum really make it easier)

Jeff
Hallo Jeff,

When you programm the links, they also have a priority order:
The first link (blue) will be triggered also first.
The second link (red) will be triggered second.

So your first programmed link (blue) from page 8 to page 2, will be also the first to be activated.
The second link (red) from page 4 to page 8 will be only activated after the first link has already being triggered.

Your right pedal should be set to:
"Activate next link or go to next page"

I hope this helps,
electricOdysseas

Windows 11
Android
MobileSheetsPro
(09-30-2018, 12:56 AM)el-Odysseas Wrote: Hallo Jeff,

When you programm the links, they also have a priority order:
The first link (blue) will be triggered also first.
The second link (red) will be triggered second.

So your first programmed link (blue) from page 8 to page 2, will be also the first to be activated.
The second link (red) from page 4 to page 8 will be only activated after the first link has already being triggered.

Your right pedal should be set to:
"Activate next link or go to next page"

I hope this helps,

Thank you.  So what if want the pedal to do a regular page turn the first time you hit a page with a link point, but you want it to trigger the link point the second time.

You set it it so the first link point links to the next page (like a regular page turn) and a second link point to the page link?

So, in this case, you would have two link points on page 4.  The first one would just go to the next page and the second one would go to page 8?
Not exactly.
Your first link point will not start on page 4, but on page 8.

Since you want to link 2 points with each other (jump from measure "A" to measure "B")  you need to determine both a starting point and a target point. 
So you go to page 8 and add a link point where the Del Segno, or the repeat sign is to determine the starting point.
The first blue dot will appear.
 Then you go back on page 2 (where the target measure is) and click again until you see the second blue dot.

The first link is being created.

Afterwards you go to page 4 and add a second link point (red) with the starting point on page 4 and the target point on page 8.

The page order will now be:

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. ---> 2,3,4 --->8
electricOdysseas

Windows 11
Android
MobileSheetsPro
(09-30-2018, 03:50 AM)el-Odysseas Wrote: Not exactly.
Your first link point will not start on page 4, but on page 8.

Since you want to link 2 points with each other (jump from measure "A" to measure "B")  you need to determine both a starting point and a target point. 
So you go to page 8 and add a link point where the Del Segno, or the repeat sign is to determine the starting point.
The first blue dot will appear.
 Then you go back on page 2 (where the target measure is) and click again until you see the second blue dot.

The first link is being created.

Afterwards you go to page 4 and add a second link point (red) with the starting point on page 4 and the target point on page 8.

The page order will now be:

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. ---> 2,3,4 --->8

I think I got it.  So, the earlier link point in the song (p. 4) will not be triggered the first time because the link on page 8 is earlier in the list.

Then once I used the link on page 8 (going back to page 2) the next time I hit page 4 the link will be itrggered.

Sound good.

Thanks so much!