• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metadata Dropdown list maintenance issue with new Items
Bug 
This is a low priority, but I didn't see it in your list of suggestions in the forum, so I thought that I would let you know, in order to help keep improving the product over time.

When using the Windows Version, and using the dropdown list to, say, add the Composer(s) involved with a tune, if you first select an existing Composer in the list, and then request the addition of a new Composer, the first selection is omitted when the new Composer is added, and the initial Composer has to be re-selected.  I believe this behavior happens on all the metadata dropdown lists.

Keep up the good work!  A Fine product for the money!

Smile
Thanks for the feedback. I can look into fixing that. As a side note, unless you prefer using the dropdown, it's actually much faster just to type in the values you want to use. Existing values will pop up with autocompletion, and new ones can be created just by hitting enter after typing in the value. 

Mike
(10-06-2018, 11:29 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. I can look into fixing that. As a side note, unless you prefer using the dropdown, it's actually much faster just to type in the values you want to use. Existing values will pop up with autocompletion, and new ones can be created just by hitting enter after typing in the value. 

Mike

Thanks for the fast response, Mike.  Regarding your suggestion about the autocompletion, I had an issue in the past when using this feature - when I used it, many times the item that was autocompleted ended up getting created again as a duplicate (I especially remember this happening on Artists and Composers).  I then had to go through a convoluted process to consolidate the duplicates, so I reverted to just using the dropdown list and the "new" button.  I have not tested it recently to see if this is still an issue.

HOWEVER - I just tried the Companion Program to work between my laptop and my desktop and I find that when using this one, the dropdown positioning works as requested in this suggestion, and the autocomplete also seems to work as you suggest above.  I will try using this program for my database maintenance from now on, so the priority of this suggestion goes even further down in my mind.

John