• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[2.7.7] Error Connecting
I have to manage 3 tablets. Since the last update the android tablets don't connect to companion [2.7.7] any more.
  • Surface Pro - WIN 10 with [MS 2.3.9] WiFI connecting perfect
  • POV - Android 5.1 with [MS 2.4.0] no WiFI connecting
  • POV - Android 4.1.1 with [MS 2.4.0] no WiFi connecting
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
Are you getting any errors while connecting or is it just timing out? I didn't change anything related to the companion at all, other than to change the required minimum version (2.3.9).  When updating the companion application, it can sometimes create a new entry in Windows Firewall. Did you enable both public and private for MobileSheetsPro Companion so that it's allowed through the firewall?

Mike
I have version 2.3.8 on my tablets and I accidentally approved an update to 2.7.7 on my computer.  So, my tablets will no longer connect.  I tried to uninstall then install on my computer but it always installs 2.7.7.  How can I get it to install the earlier version?  Is there a hidden install file somewhere on my Windows 10 computer that causes it to install 2.7.7?  Thanks
I archive all MobileSheetsPro companion installers. You can find version 2.7.6 here: www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/archive/2.7.6/MobileSheetsProCompanion.exe

Mike
(11-03-2018, 03:04 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Are you getting any errors while connecting or is it just timing out? I didn't change anything related to the companion at all, other than to change the required minimum version (2.3.9). 
Mike
No other errors only #1, #2, #3...

(11-03-2018, 03:04 AM)Zuberman Wrote: When updating the companion application, it can sometimes create a new entry in Windows Firewall. Did you enable both public and private for MobileSheetsPro Companion so that it's allowed through the firewall?

Mike
I haven't changed anything. I don't know how to enable public and private for MobileSheetsPro Companion.
Could you tell me the steps I need?
The companion is runnig on my desktop using Win 7 Enterprise 64 Bit. May be that's a reason?

Thank's so far.
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
Check that wifi is turned on (it probably is) and/or that you can connect to the internet.

You could try a manual connection in companion (the IP address to use is shown on tablet screen)

If desperate, you could try a USB connection (in companion, Settings| Enable Advanced Connection Options and the Connection| Connect using USB). You can usually use the tablet charging cable as the USB cable (assuming it uses a standard USB connector into the plug that connects to the mains)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6