• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mobile Sheets for iOS!
(05-23-2021, 04:41 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: In the next few months? No, I don't think I have any shot of finishing it in that timeframe. I'm way behind schedule on where I wanted to be with the iOS version due to how much attention I've had to spend on the Android/Windows 10 versions since the 3.0.0 update. Things are more stable now, so I'm making solid progress on the iOS development, but I still have a long ways to go unfortunately.

Mike

Thanks, Mike,  good luck with it,
I'm just taking another chance to say how grateful I am for your work.
Thanks Roger, I appreciate that. Things are coming along nicely with the iOS version. I have some basic stuff loading in MobileSheets and I'm just adding pieces of the UI, one at a time. 

Mike
(08-23-2021, 03:19 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Things are coming along nicely with the iOS version. I have some basic stuff loading in MobileSheets and I'm just adding pieces of the UI, one at a time. 

Do shout if you want any beta testers  Wink
(08-23-2021, 03:19 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thanks Roger, I appreciate that. Things are coming along nicely with the iOS version. I have some basic stuff loading in MobileSheets and I'm just adding pieces of the UI, one at a time. 

Mike

I would like to be a tester too!
Thanks, I appreciate the offers to help. Once I have something ready for testing, I'll definitely send messages out to those that have offered.

Mike
(02-02-2019, 03:34 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thank you Marc. With iPads constituting such a large share of the market, I definitely think it makes a lot of sense for me to create an iOS version, so after delivering some of the features I've promised, I'm going to start working on that. I think it would be of great value to musicians for me to support every platform, as I know there are a lot of choirs, orchestras, etc, where some users have iPad, some have Android and some have Windows. Offering software that works on all three would make it a very appealing choice for those groups so that there is less complication with sharing songs/setlists, etc. 

Mike

I love MSP, but too much of the time I can't see the music on my Android tablet except in dark indoor light. My friend has an Apple tablet that you can read in full sunlight. **That's** why the world needs MSP for Apple!
Why not to share what Android device do you use.
You would do great service for the other MSP users to avoid your poor tablet.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7.
Since information on tablet readability in daylight is non-existent in my experience and research so far, I'm not aware that it's any worse than any other Android tablet. All they talk about in evaluations of tablets is features. You would think that nobody ever takes their tablet outdoors.
The only thing I know is my own experience with an Apple tablet. I read music alongside its owner outdoors recently. I have read the claim that all Apple tablets share the same traits as the one I have seen firsthand. I am waiting for a friend to send me the model name of that Apple tablet. It's either a 10-inch or 12-inch. That's all I know so far. That Apple tablet is the only one I would spend another nickel on for reading music outdoors or in a sunlit room.
(09-19-2021, 06:44 AM)spencer Wrote: Samsung Galaxy Tab A7.
Since information on tablet readability in daylight is non-existent in my experience and research so far, I'm not aware that it's any worse than any other Android tablet. All they talk about in evaluations of tablets is features. You would think that nobody ever takes their tablet outdoors.

2020 Tab A7 is $200 device with the cheapest TFT display which has about 300 nits compared to $1000 12.9" ipad pro with IPS 600 nits screen.
Galaxy Tab S7 has much brighter 500 nits display.
There are Android IPS 600nits tablets but not Samsung.
Outdoor readability reviews are at Notebookcheck.net

No IPS display (Apple's or Pear's) can compare to Eink display in bright outdoor environment.
(09-19-2021, 01:54 AM)spencer Wrote: **That's** why the world needs MSP for Apple!

I'd rather have good displays on Android...

Personally I never had real problems with Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S7FE. On the Note I has an anti-glare screen protector that really helped. Yes, I can sometimes be hard to get the conditions right, but I see collegues who have their music in plastic binders having similar problems.

As already remarked, nothing beats e-ink.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(09-19-2021, 08:18 PM)sciurius Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 01:54 AM)spencer Wrote: **That's** why the world needs MSP for Apple!

I'd rather have good displays on Android...

Personally I never had real problems with Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S7FE. On the Note I has an anti-glare screen protector that really helped. Yes, I can sometimes be hard to get the conditions right, but I see collegues who have their music in plastic binders having similar problems.

As already remarked, nothing beats e-ink.
Agreed, but the amount of paper adds up. My friend gets his cake and eat it too with his big iPad--a zillion tunes and solid visibility in partially shaded full daylight. My little Galaxy Tab A7 wasn't competitive with that in a side by side test, and it's too small anyway. I need two-page charts, and I can't turn pages on the fly even with a food pedal. I'll try a Galaxy S7+ before the Apple because I don't want to change operating systems if I can help it.
(08-24-2021, 05:13 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thanks, I appreciate the offers to help. Once I have something ready for testing, I'll definitely send messages out to those that have offered.

What's your product plan?  If its going to take a long time to complete a full-feature iOS version, have you considered releasing a "MobileSheets Lite" for iOS?  E.g. for musicians who may simply want to play off an existing database of pieces/setlists?  This would be perfect for my initial use case - we use Windows to maintain the band database, then share updates by setlist with Windows and Android users, and use page turn over the Internet to all stay in sync.  

Being able to even do that with iOS users would be a fantastic step forward.

At the moment we have to share files from MS as PDFs (so they get all the annotations and the right page ordering) and then share via OneDrive so they can see the latest PDF.  Time consuming - but also tedious during sessions, as we're forever waiting for the iOS users to find the files and load them.  As pieces tend to collect an ever-evolving set of annotations, this means quite a lot of admin work.
Since my last post I dug deep into the piggy bank and got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+. The image is crisp and bright, no trouble to see in daylight. The resolution is so sharp that I can use it with two pages side by side for sheet music of Bach partitas and Brazilian chôros, which are almost all two pages. That's what I need for the majority of what I play. It works great. Problem solved.
(10-05-2021, 09:50 PM)Andrew9999 Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 05:13 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Thanks, I appreciate the offers to help. Once I have something ready for testing, I'll definitely send messages out to those that have offered.

What's your product plan?  If its going to take a long time to complete a full-feature iOS version, have you considered releasing a "MobileSheets Lite" for iOS?  E.g. for musicians who may simply want to play off an existing database of pieces/setlists?  This would be perfect for my initial use case - we use Windows to maintain the band database, then share updates by setlist with Windows and Android users, and use page turn over the Internet to all stay in sync.  

Being able to even do that with iOS users would be a fantastic step forward.

At the moment we have to share files from MS as PDFs (so they get all the annotations and the right page ordering) and then share via OneDrive so they can see the latest PDF.  Time consuming - but also tedious during sessions, as we're forever waiting for the iOS users to find the files and load them.  As pieces tend to collect an ever-evolving set of annotations, this means quite a lot of admin work.

+1 on this idea. I just want to be able to read my sheet music databases on my iPad, in addition to my Windows and Android devices.

By the way, it looks like an unrelated app took the name MobileSheets on the IOS App Store.
If I can't use MobileSheets on the iOS App Store, I'll have to come up with another variation (MobileSheetsPro, MobileSheets Music Viewer, etc). Hopefully there won't be any conflicts with the name.

Mike