• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating Additional Library
Is there in the Manual a spot that gives info on creating/managing additional libraries? Or on the forum? Can't find it and I'm trying to figure it out. I've managed to create a new library (name anyway) but then I can't click back to the main MS library (which makes me REAL nervous). So I delete my new one and all is fine.

When I get this part figured out (I'm sure it's something simple) I was hoping I could use the feature to 'park' seldome used songs to get them off the main songlist but be able to get to them without having to re-import. But I'm wondering if what I want is possible. Can one copy songs from one library to another? Or move? Or in any way access songs on a different library? Any info on how to use multiple libraries would be welcome. 

Thanks, Sue R.

==============
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
====================
Sue Robishaw -- U.P. MI
====================
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
I believe Mike has recently added a method to switch libraries but I think this is primarily aimed at people who are in multiple music groups (I could be wrong!)

Your post sounds as though you just don't immediately want some songs but don't want to throw them away. 
If this is the case, wouldn't it be simpler to make use of collections? Just put everything in one (or more) collections and use a separate collection to remember songs you are not currently interested in i.e. when a song is no longer required, edit its fields and take it out of the current collection and put it into the "forget" colelction. Then, instead of using the Songs tab, use the Collections tab.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Thanks Geoff for replying. Yes, I do use Collections to separate bands/groups/venues that might or might not use the same songs. and I could do what you suggested. But we use the overall main song list a lot, as is and of course to easily edit songs into and out of the various Collection. It seems easiest to use that as it is. But as it continues to grow I'm wanting to pare it down so it's easier to sort through. There are a number of songs that are so seldom referenced they could easily be in a separate library, out of sight/mind, and I'm wondering if I can move or copy them from the default/main library into a new library. It could be I'm making this harder than need be. But right now I don't seem to be able to switch between libraries so haven't gotten very far into what can or can't be done.    Sue R.
====================
Sue Robishaw -- U.P. MI
====================
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
Hallo Sue R.,

Maybe this thread is helpful:

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5009

Greetings!
electricOdysseas

Windows 11
Android
MobileSheetsPro
Sue,

You said you can't click back to the main library after creating new library. Why is that? Are you encountering an error message of some kind? All you should need to do is select the "default" entry in the list and set that as the active library.

Mike
Would it be possible to display the name of the current library (if not default) somewhere so you can immedeately see you're not running the default lib?

Also/or it would be nice if the current library was displayed on the settings > library screen, e.g.

Code:
  Library Settings

Database Settings

> Active library is MyLibrary

Switch Library
 Switches the active library ....
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(12-30-2018, 03:26 PM)Zuberman Wrote: Sue,

You said you can't click back to the main library after creating new library. Why is that? Are you encountering an error message of some kind? All you should need to do is select the "default" entry in the list and set that as the active library.

Mike

Well, now it is working! Before (don't know if this has anything to do with it but it was before the latest update) when I went to the new library then tried to switch back to the "default" library it was sort of grayed out and nothing would happen when I clicked on it to set it as the active library. No error message. For whatever reason it works now and I'm happy. Much appreciated.

el-Odysseas post directing me to your answer to him in a previous post answers my other question. I think that's what I needed. Great option!!

As usual, thanks hardly says it. Hope you have a great 2019.   Sue in the U.P. MI
====================
Sue Robishaw -- U.P. MI
====================
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
(12-30-2018, 02:37 PM)el-Odysseas Wrote: Hallo Sue R.,

Maybe this thread is helpful:

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5009

Greetings!

Thank you, el-Odysseas! That helps a lot. Though my situation is a lot less complicated than yours Mike's instructions to you sound like it will fit my needs well. Are you using the multiple libraries and does it work for you?   Cheers, Sue R. in the U.P. MI
====================
Sue Robishaw -- U.P. MI
====================
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
(12-30-2018, 07:13 PM)sciurius Wrote: Would it be possible to display the name of the current library (if not default) somewhere so you can immedeately see you're not running the default lib?

Also/or it would be nice if the current library was displayed on the settings > library screen, e.g.

Code:
  Library Settings

Database Settings

> Active library is MyLibrary

Switch Library
 Switches the active library ....

That would be very helpfull.     Sue R.
====================
Sue Robishaw -- U.P. MI
====================
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9
I should be able to add a label below the Switch Library option to display the current selection (as is done for various other settings).

Thanks,
Mike