• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has someone already tried to control tc-helicon or behringr products with midi
To other users

I use some products from tc-helicon with midi control features like the "singThing" or the "voicelive 3 extreme" and I have a behringer x-air mixer.

It could be of help when I could underlay midi sequences per song to change the settings for the "singThing" or the "voicelive 3 X".

My questions are:
- can I use the cheap usb2midi dongles from china to control the devices
- are there some examples how to reload a style on the tc-helicon devices by loading a new song on MSP.

I have almost no experience with midi yet, because I am a guitar player.

Regards
Klaus

Now I answer to my own question:

I connected the cheap USB2Midi Device from China with an OTG-Adapter to the microUSB of my Galaxy TAB. The Tablet recognizes the USB. 
I connected the MIDI-OUT to the TC-helicon SingThing MIDI-Input.
I set the global midi settings to Channel 1 and selected "Genos" as the MIDI-Device.

I selected an existing song in EDit Mode and went to the MIDI-TAB. 
I selected the + sign and changed the command type to "Control Change"

I looked a the CC-Table of the SingThing in the manual and selected "Harmony" which is CC 21 with a Value of 0 for Off or 127 for ON
In my case I set it to 127.

Now I saved the settings and loaded the song and Voila! Harmony function went on, on the device. Fine!

But sorry, I cannot close the Song anymore until I disconnect the USB-Cable!

I added 2 more CC commands to the song CC22 for Reverb on, and CC23 for Delay on.
Loading the song=Voila, all three functions  switch on, but, I cannot leave the Song anymore and after a while there is a timeout that says, the app does not respond anymore! and will be closed.

Is that "function as designed" or do I do a mistake? Or is there a problem in the app?

Sorry if I translated some keywords in a wrong way, because I use a german version.

Best Regards
Klaus
Hello Klaus,

This is a known problem on Android devices running Android 8 or later. I have a bug fix in place and will be releasing an update once all of the testing is finished. If you would like an early release of this update, contact me at mike@zubersoft.com and I can get that for you. Several other users have already updated to this version and it fixed all of their issues with MIDI on Android 8+.

Mike
(02-08-2019, 02:07 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Hello Klaus,

This is a known problem on Android devices running Android 8 or later. I have a bug fix in place and will be releasing an update once all of the testing is finished. If you would like an early release of this update, contact me at mike@zubersoft.com and I can get that for you. Several other users have already updated to this version and it fixed all of their issues with MIDI on Android 8+.

Mike

Hi Mike,
thanks again for your fast response, you are really giving a great support. Thumbs up :-)
I already sendet you an email.

Regards
Klaus