• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exiting a song
Using Mobile sheets Pro on Amazon Fire (10"). Used to be; I could exit by tapping top center of screen.
Lately I can not exit a song except to Leave Mobile Sheets and then cancell out all apps (including MS Pro),
then re-enter MS Pro, click on Collections, and then on to a new song. Would at least like to get back to
"tap Center of Screen", better yet provide a better way to exit via a button etc.

Safaribari01
It sounds like you have performance mode enabled. To disable performance mode, tap the lock icon in the floating toolbar at the bottom right corner of the library screen. You can find the same button at the center of the quick action box which is displayed if you tap the bottom right corner of the screen when a song is loaded. Once performance mode is disabled, you will be able to access the song overlay again. 

As a side note, does that tablet not have a dedicated back button? That's usually the fastest way to go back from any screen to the previous one.

Mike
Hi Mike

Performance mode seems to cause people a lot of problems.
Is it possible to acknowledge the "disabled/ignored"  action by briefly showing a "In Performance Mode" message?
This could be displayed at the top of the page (where it is unlikely to obscure something the user is trying to read)

Just a suggestion

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
A lot of users just tap in the center of the page to turn to the next page. I don't think doing that should display a "in performance mode" message because that's the main reason for performance mode - to disable the overlay and extend the touch area to make it easier to turn pages. Likewise, users set up actions by tapping in the corners and I think those users would be annoyed if a message popped up every time they did that. I also don't want to add another setting to control whether or not a message pops up indicating performance mode is on. I've been trying to think of a different way of showing performance mode is enabled, but every idea I've come up with has downsides to it. One thing I could do is when the song/setlist is first loaded, I would briefly show a message if performance mode is enabled, but I still think that might irritate users who rely on performance mode a lot. I'm open for any other ideas for how to address this.

Thanks,
Mike
(04-05-2019, 12:14 PM)Zuberman Wrote: It sounds like you have performance mode enabled. To disable performance mode, tap the lock icon in the floating toolbar at the bottom right corner of the library screen. You can find the same button at the center of the quick action box which is displayed if you tap the bottom right corner of the screen when a song is loaded. Once performance mode is disabled, you will be able to access the song overlay again. 

As a side note, does that tablet not have a dedicated back button? That's usually the fastest way to go back from any screen to the previous one.

Mike

Yes: that was it. Performance mode was the issue. Thank you so much.

kuz
I wasn't suggesting that you popped up an "in performance mode" display for every press - just if the press is disabled because of being in performance mode.
On the basis that most users when they get stuck repeat thing several times, an improvement would be if 3 (say) inhibited presses are done in succession - but that would involve more work in remembering a counter. 

This all depends on how you have implemented performance mode e.g. whether you detect the presses and reject them or just don't enable the trigger points (so don't see the press anyway).

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
There are plenty of times when multiple taps in succession is perfectly valid while in performance mode. Turning three pages quickly, for example, or cycling through annotation groups quickly. The logic for determining when to display that message seems more trouble than it's worth in my opinion. That's why I thought maybe a single message to indicate to the user that performance mode is enabled might be enough. I think another problem is that the user may not have any idea what I mean when I say performance mode is enabled. Users that already know what this is would probably already know to turn it off. So I'm not sure a simple message is even enough...

Mike
Would a colored dot [a small one] in a unused part of an edge work? Something like the what an active video camera uses, maybe make the dot blink initially then hold steady. When performance mode is activated there could be a sub title along with the mode message of 'blinking dot' or something.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(Love the application!)

While in the middle of a set, I can't find a way to interrupt it and exit from the current song back to the screen to select a different song, setlist, or collection. I found a way to exit the entire program, but that seems a little extreme, and requires more steps to get back in. Using Windows on a Surface Pro 9. Please advise.
You have multiple options:

1) If performance mode is disabled, tap in the center to bring up the song overlay, then tap the back arrow at the top left
2) Use a touch action (Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Touch Actions) set to "Return to Library"
3) Drag down from the top of the screen and press the back arrow in the title bar.
4) Click the bottom right to bring up the quick action box, toggle off performance mode and then you can access the song overlay as described in #1

One change I made for the iPadOS version that I'll also make for Windows is that, if the quick action box is disabled and performance mode is enabled, I will place a back arrow at the top left corner (on top of the score) so that the user can return to the library screen easily.

Mike