• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations in MSP Companion?
I made a lot of annotations in MSP on my Android tablet which I want to use now in other applications too. I want to copy them in the companion app for paste them into other programs/documents on my computer. But I haven't found the annotations at all in the companion! Are they not visible there???

Thanks Jens
The companion application was never updated to be able to render the annotations in the MobileSheetsPro format. If you have the Windows 10 version of MobileSheets on your PC, you could select your song and select Share->Export files to produce a PDF with the annotations in it. Likewise, if you do this on the Android tablet, you can send the PDF over to your PC (either using USB, email or the cloud). Even if the companion application was updated to display annotations, it would also have to be updated to generate new PDFs with the annotations in them, as annotations are not saved in the PDFs themselves - they are saved in the database. This is done for multiple reasons including supporting settings with the annotations that aren't supported in the PDF spec and supporting annotations for file types that don't support annotations in them (such as text/chord pro files). One thing I'm trying to work on for the annotations rework is the ability to convert between embedded PDF annotations and MobileSheets annotations so that you can always save out annotations to the underlying PDFs if desired, and edit existing PDF annotations. The one caveat with this is I will have to enable a "PDF compatibility mode" where I disable functionality for annotations that isn't supported by the PDF specification.

Mike