• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Song-Tempo vs Metronome-Tempo
It seems like the consensus is to not save the tempo changes in the metronome window, so I will modify the code for this. At a later date, I may implement some of the suggested changes, such as having a separate entry in the database for the metronome, and providing a button to synchronize/save changes between the song tempo and the metronome tempo. Note that I do allow multiple tempos to be added to the metronome, so at the very least, if a new tempo is added I have to save it in the song. Then if the user changes that tempo value, changes wouldn't be saved, which might be odd. I don't want to add complex workaround logic for this, so the user would have to go into the song later and fix the additional tempos. The other option that comes to mind is to add a save button next to the tempo field (to the left of the tap to set tempo button) that would write the tempos to the song. This would then require me not modifying the database or song in any way when multiple tempos are added and only saving them if the user taps the tempo. The problem with this is I'm currently using the song's tempo list to store these values, so I would need to separate that out. Do you guys have any thoughts on this? Obviously the simplest thing is just not to save the tempo changes at all, but then you wind up with that weird problem when adding additional tempos in the metronome dialog.

Thanks,
Mike
I would like a "Save Tempo" button
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Quote:Note that I do allow multiple tempos to be added to the metronome, so at the very least, if a new tempo is added I have to save it in the song. ...Obviously the simplest thing is just not to save the tempo changes at all, but then you wind up with that weird problem when adding additional tempos in the metronome dialog.

I didn't know, that you can allow multiple tempi to be added to the metronome (with a dropdown-list of all the inserted tempi)! This is nice!

The reason adding multiple tempi to a piece/a song, is that the piece requires it: the beginning should for example be played Allegro, the middle part Adagio etc.  
These tempi are still a part of the song, so I do not find a reason to constantly change them and therefore no reason to automaticaly save the tempo-changes in the metronome. You enter the song-tempo (or multiple song-tempi) in the tempo field of the edit menu and these do not change, unless you correct them, or update them.

In this case a button to synchronize/save changes on the metronome interface would be great. When a piece consists of multiple tempi, you should be able to choose the tempo  that you want tedit (from the dropdown-list showing the different tempi), tap or insert the new BPM-number and press "synchronize/save changes".
electricOdysseas

Windows 11
Android
MobileSheetsPro
Hallo Mike,

Since the last update (V. 2.7.6) turning on the metronome causes the app to crash.

On the bright side: The tempo-changes to the metronome (the metronome-tempo) do not change the "song-tempo" anymore. So this works as wished...Smile

Greetings
electricOdysseas

Windows 11
Android
MobileSheetsPro
P.S. The crash occures only with the windows version.
On android there is no problem.
electricOdysseas

Windows 11
Android
MobileSheetsPro
If you update to version 2.7.7, the crash with the metronome should go away. It was approved by Microsoft this morning.

Mike
Dear Mike,

I just updated to the 2.7.7 version (windows). 
The metronome and playing audio do not cause the app to crash anymore.

Unfortunately the changes to the metronome-tempo edit the song-tempo again.

I am sure, that you have enough to do already. So I am leaving this request for a future update, since there is no rush from my side.

Thanks once again for the great support.
electricOdysseas

Windows 11
Android
MobileSheetsPro
I did not make any changes for the metronome yet in regards to the tempo. I needed to get the update released as there were a lot of bug fixes needed by users.

Mike