• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
share . msf
Been having a successful time sharing from MS surface Pro 3 to Samsung s4 phone via OneDrive. Today for no apparent reason the OneDrive option has disappeared from the options....Any ideas please?
I definitely didn't change any of the code related to sharing through the share charm in Windows. This obviously only works with store apps, but there is a OneDrive store app so I would think it should still work fine. Are any other users encountering this same problem?

Thanks,
Mike
I can't seem to share with the OneDrive app either (but I've never tested this in the past).  I think it might be a better option to just select Share->Export as .msf and then select OneDrive as the destination. That honestly should work just as fast and accomplish the same goal.

Mike
(11-10-2019, 05:25 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can't seem to share with the OneDrive app either (but I've never tested this in the past).  I think it might be a better option to just select Share->Export as .msf and then select OneDrive as the destination. That honestly should work just as fast and accomplish the same goal.

Mike
Onedrive error encountered unable to export. Google drive worked. How do I import a MSF FILE ON SHARED TO CLIENT?....I think the latest Win 10 upgrade has screwed Onedrive, it has disappeared from my fi,e explorer.
(11-10-2019, 07:11 PM)twoaitch Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 05:25 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can't seem to share with the OneDrive app either (but I've never tested this in the past).  I think it might be a better option to just select Share->Export as .msf and then select OneDrive as the destination. That honestly should work just as fast and accomplish the same goal.

Mike

Onedrive error encountered unable to export. Google drive worked. How do I import a MSF FILE ON SHARED TO CLIENT?....I think the latest Win 10 upgrade has screwed Onedrive, it has disappeared from my file explorer.

edit.... Further investigation shows that the OneDrive folder is still there, but has moved to users folder.... mystery to me.
I just tried the export and it's telling me that the export failed but I see the files on OneDrive. So there is definitely something going wrong there and I will get it fixed. Can you see if the export completely successfully for you despite that error message?

Thanks,
Mike
(11-11-2019, 05:20 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I just tried the export and it's telling me that the export failed but I see the files on OneDrive. So there is definitely something going wrong there and I will get it fixed. Can you see if the export completely successfully for you despite that error message?

Thanks,
Mike
Will do Mike, I had to transfer the Google drive file to OneDrive manually, and when I logged on to the second device there were 2 files there, so assuming that it had worked. I have also solved it from another angle by using the standard file picker in the export, and navigating to the OneDrive folder... does this point to changes in the OneDrive APP being the culprit?
As far as sharing goes, I'm still not sure what to make of that. I haven't touched the sharing code in a long time, so I have to assume it's something with either Windows or the OneDrive app that caused it to no longer be shown. The sharing dialog that is shown is completely controlled by Windows (I just ask it to show the "Share UI") so if OneDrive isn't shown, it's completely out of my control. 

The error message while exporting is a problem in MobileSheets though that I will fix.

Mike