• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic configuration
Am new to this software and this might seem obvious but can somebody confirm if I have this right.

1. I can have two Windows 10 machines, both with Mobile Sheets Pro installed.
  2. I can link them via my WiFi hub.
  3. I link them with 'Companion' software
  4. I can install and modify music using which resides on a database copied on both machines.
I would appreciate confirmation.  This looks to be a very good piece of software for musicians.

BigBri5050
Hello BigBri5050,

If you have MobileSheets installed on each machine, you definitely won't have any need for the companion software. The companion app is really just meant for you to be able to edit a device's library over WiFi if you like to do it on a separate PC. If you modify the library on one device, there are multiple ways of synchronizing that change to the other device:

1) Use the cloud such as OneDrive to sync files manually. The contents of C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState must be kept the same on each device.
2) Use the library sync feature in MobileSheets itself to sync the devices over WiFi or the cloud. To access this, tap the three dots at the top right corner of the library screen and then Sync Library->Sync to another device (or Sync to a cloud folder).
3) Use a different file sync mechanism such as a network share and just copy files back and forth as needed to the storage location. You will always need to copy mobilesheets.db in the directory listed above in order for this to work (or just use the default storage location and sync that entire folder which covers everything).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike
Dear Administrator, I am Brazilian and would like to use your software.

Maybe you already have that answer, but I didn't find it. I'm new here. How do I assemble my playlists and edit them on my PC (Windows 10) and then pass them to my tablet?

I don't use sheet music but I use .pdf or .jpg encrypted music, can I use the app and software on my computer normally?
Hello,

If you want to use your PC to manage the library on a separate tablet (which means adding/editing songs, creating setlists, etc), you can use the free companion app: https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/companion.php

This will let you connect to the device over WiFi and edit the library. If you instead want to be able to use MobileSheets normally on your PC, set up the library, then sync that library to your tablet, you can do that but it will require an extra purchase if your device is Android-based (one purchase is required per platform). If your tablet is running Windows 10, then you can use a single purchase through the Microsoft Store.

I'll assume you are going to use MobileSheets on your PC to set up the library and then sync it to your tablet. In that case, use Import->Local File to pull in new files which will create songs. On the import settings dialog, you can add the name of a setlist to add the new songs to. You can also edit the setlist on the setlists tab and add songs or reorder them if needed. Once your setlist has all of the songs in it, tap on the setlist on the Setlists tab, then tap Load All to view all of the songs in order. 

To transfer your library to your tablet, tap the three dots at the top right corner of the library screen, then Sync Library->Sync to another device. Set the PC as the server, tablet as client, set sync type to "update client", then connect the tablet to the PC. You can do this anytime you need to sync new changes.

I would recommend reading the manual at www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/manual.php. It covers all of this and more. Let me know if you have questions.

Mike