• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MuseScore or other Sheetmusic Writing Software support
(06-30-2020, 09:13 PM)BRX Wrote: Why don't you treat your MSP data folder as root folder and structure your files under it as you please. That's what I do.

Or did you overlook the option in the settings to turn off that MSP manages your folders and that's getting in your way? That's essential for managing your own structure.
I did try to do this but for example: I have a folder called Onedrive/Sheet Music/Etudes where I keep all the PDFs for my Etudes. It also has multiple sub-folders for different Books, Collections, etc. I want to use the folder Onedrive/Sheet Music/ as the root folder, so that the files from /Etudes just stay there in that folder without being copied whatsoever. But when I set Onedrive/Sheet Music/ as the root and import the files from /Etudes, MSP copies them into Onedrive/Sheet Music/. Am I doing something wrong?
Greetings!
A similar scenario with GoogleDrive works fine for me, see screenshot.

D:\HerbertsGoogleDrive is the local folder that is synced by GoogleDrive
d:\HerbertsGoogleDrive\_MobileSheets\ is my MSP folder
d:\HerbertsGoogleDrive\_MobileSheets\Songs\ contains subfolders A ... Z plus a few extra for scores with one file per song
d:\HerbertsGoogleDrive\_MobileSheets\Fkbk0\ and d:\HerbertsGoogleDrive\_MobileSheets\Fkbk1\ contain fakebooks with one subfolder per book

Please check if your MSP folder is set correctly to the folder you import from.
MSP copies files to the root of the MSP folder that you import from OUTSIDE your MSP folder
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Is your problem that MSP starts copying your files into the folder even if they are already there?

Yeah, that's a a bit annoying behaviour of MSP I've had trouble myself when I was setting up new PCs and transferring my files and database.

I'm not sure if it helps you because I don't know what you already have in the database. But here's what I did:

I backuped my database to a secure place. Also I put my source files in another directory (or just renamed it).

Then I installed MSP from scratch with an empty database. Only *then* I changed the data directory in the settings.

After that I copied the old database over the new empty one. Also I put the source files in the correct directory (or rather renamed the dir to the final data directory).

You have to set MSP up to your personal settings againg since those can't be backupped (for now) other than with a full backup with the MSP backup feature. But that's done quickly and you should have
a workable setup with your old files and the database in the root directory for the source files of your choosing.
(06-30-2020, 09:13 PM)BRX Wrote: Why don't you treat your MSP data folder as root folder and structure your files under it as you please. That's what I do.

Or did you overlook the option in the settings to turn off that MSP manages your folders and that's getting in your way? That's essential for managing your own structure.
Hey thanks for your help, I figured it out! Instead of choosing "Import from Onedrive", which I think copies the files, I chose "Import from Local File", because I have the Onedrive App already installed and it acts like a local file anyways (stupid me). Now it also syncs across my devices and I can make changes to scores very easily. Thanks!
Greetings!