• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing audio files
I have a number of songs loaded with attached audio files. I noticed that I needed to adjust the levels in all of the audio files, so I put them all into a folder and used software to edit them. Now, I'd like to re-import them into MobileSheets and replace the files that are there now, but attached to the songs they're attached to. Is there a batch way to do this? The names of the audio files don't match the titles of the song sheets. But the names of the edited audio files are the same as they were when I imported them. I know I could do it manually by editing each song, but it's a lot of songs, so that would take me a lot of time.
You can go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState and replace the audio files there. Each song has a separate folder, so you would need to copy the audio files into the folders for the songs they are associated with.

Mike
(08-22-2020, 02:46 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You can go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState and replace the audio files there. Each song has a separate folder, so you would need to copy the audio files into the folders for the songs they are associated with.

Mike
I thought about that, but there are like 120 of them. I could also edit each song and replace each audio file, but that would take about the same amount of time. I was hoping there was some kind of batch process. 
Unfortunately, there isn't a feature like that at the moment. I would need to add something like a, "Scan for updated files" feature where you could select a directory, MobileSheets would scan every file in that directory, find songs using matching files, and see if there are any differences between the files in the storage location versus the ones in the scanned folder. I can add this as an idea for the future. Sorry there isn't something to make it easier at the moment though.

If you feel like experimenting (might want to backup your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library first), you can go to the folder I listed, do a search for *.mp3 or whatever file type you are using, delete every audio file in the library, copy your updated audio files into the root storage location folder, then use Settings->Other Settings->Fix Broken File Paths. In theory, MobileSheets would update all the audio file paths in the database to point to the root storage location folder instead of the individual song folders. 

Mike
(08-22-2020, 05:03 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Unfortunately, there isn't a feature like that at the moment. I would need to add something like a, "Scan for updated files" feature where you could select a directory, MobileSheets would scan every file in that directory, find songs using matching files, and see if there are any differences between the files in the storage location versus the ones in the scanned folder. I can add this as an idea for the future. Sorry there isn't something to make it easier at the moment though.

If you feel like experimenting (might want to backup your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library first), you can go to the folder I listed, do a search for *.mp3 or whatever file type you are using, delete every audio file in the library, copy your updated audio files into the root storage location folder, then use Settings->Other Settings->Fix Broken File Paths. In theory, MobileSheets would update all the audio file paths in the database to point to the root storage location folder instead of the individual song folders. 

Mike
Thanks, Mike! That's worth the time to try it.
Thanks again, Mike. That worked great.