• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Drag & Drop New PDFs into Companion
Bug 
I haven't loaded much new music into my tablet since the start of the pandemic, and what little I've done has been done from within the tablet (exporting from my Dropbox).  Now I'm back to adding new music regularly.  I used to be able to drag PDF files into the Companion if I was on the "Songs" tab.  Now I can't drag & drop anything into the Companion.

I really REALLY would like this feature to come back and quickly.  Entering all of the song data fields is soooo much faster on the desktop app than pecking away on a tablet.

Or have I just missed something and there's another way to do it now?

Thanks.
Nothing has changed with the companion app in terms of drag & drop - all of the code is the same as it has always been. If it isn't working for you, it means something is interfering with the drag & drop operation. If you are running Windows Explorer as admin but the companion app as a normal user, or vice versa, this will stop the drag & drop from working as Windows doesn't allow interactions between apps running at different permission levels.

Mike
(09-03-2021, 06:50 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Nothing has changed with the companion app in terms of drag & drop - all of the code is the same as it has always been. If it isn't working for you, it means something is interfering with the drag & drop operation. If you are running Windows Explorer as admin but the companion app as a normal user, or vice versa, this will stop the drag & drop from working as Windows doesn't allow interactions between apps running at different permission levels.

Mike

Interesting. I just tried it on my laptop and it still works there. I have a new computer at my work so that must be the problem. I tried running the Companion as administrator, but that didn't work. In the account control panel, it shows me as administrator on the local machine, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I'll reach out to our IT people tomorrow and see if they can help with it.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Explorer may be run as admin on that machine for some reason. One thing you can try is opening the task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Escape), killing Windows Explorer, then using File->Run new task and typing in explorer.exe to start explorer under the normal user account. Then try to drag & drop again.

Mike