• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what tablets are you running?
JUST PURCHASED THE ASUS 300 AND OWN A PRIME. THE 300 FOR $ 350 at Microcenter is an excellent value. Any recommendations for the page switch?
(05-02-2012, 06:47 AM)Volkhard Wrote: I second the notion about a 12" tablet. And while we are dreaming perhaps with a second screen folding outExclamation

A 12" (or even a 15")tablet would be superb, these tablets however still are hard to get by (at a reasonable price).

About a dualscreen tablet: http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-...-50007815/
Perhaps Samsung won't develop this idea further, but when they do it might be a great piece of hardware for many musicians.
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, they say....
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, but still they come
I have an Acer Iconia A500 tablet that I bought refurbished for $239.00. Looked perfect and runs perfect. MS works great on it....don't have bluetooth pedals yet but when I get them I hope I don't have the problem of it dropping the Bluetooth occassionally.

David
(05-01-2012, 10:29 PM)scoleman Wrote: for piano sheets though I'd love a 12" tablet!

Anybody seen the new Toshiba Excite 13?
It's a 13,3" tablet with Android 4.0.

I think that this tablet, together with MS would work fine as a standard A4/8.5X11.5" could be shown at least realsize.
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, they say....
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, but still they come
runs well on Acer Iconia A200 (however I have not been able to get Airturn - bluetooth working.) It would be interesting to hear from any of you running other Iconias (like the 500, 700) if it works for you. I have tested two A200s.
MobileSheets works well though. Not an expensive tablet.
It runs well on Acer Iconia A500. I will test airturn bluetooth in a few weeks.
I am using a Coby Kyros 8125 8" tablet, and the app works great on it. I am looking to upgrade to the 10.1 Motorla Xoom in the near future, but I will probably sell the 8" Coby and buy a 10" Coby as a back up to my Motoroloa Xoom I am that impressed with the way this app works on it. The Coby tablets are cheap, but for this purpose it is perfect!!!
I am using Toshiba Thrive 10.1, does anyone know mounting kit that can mount my tablet onto a mic stand
(07-03-2012, 02:16 PM)tommycheng30 Wrote: I am using Toshiba Thrive 10.1, does anyone know mounting kit that can mount my tablet onto a mic stand

[A moderator might want to create a separate thread from your question]

Did you see this thread?
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/....php?tid=6

You might be interested in either of these:
http://www.mountguys.com/Microphone_Stan...tab001.htm
this one has a short connector arm and is slightly limited with the angle it can rotate up to face up. I can mount it on a boom arm slightly sloping away from me (opposite direction than you would usually set it - meaning backwards just slightly) so the tablet is at the correct angle. I do not use a microphone so just use a mic stand with boom or it can work with a cymbal stand with boom.
Or without the boom, you can stand a little away from it mounted on a straight up mic stand and the angle is ok.

http://www.mountguys.com/Microphone_Stan...tab001.htm
this has an additional (long) arm from the one above so I presume the angle would be more easily set (without needing a boom to increase the angle.) The most useful image at this URL is the one from behind where you can see how it mounts.
Note that this one can mount to the side, so make sure your stand is heavy or has wide legs for stability.

With either, the connector to the mic stand is very wide so it will attach to a cymbal stand or any mic stand or different boom diameters. Although the clamp is a shallow C-shape to go around your stand, it presses against straight metal, so you might want to add a piece of rubber for the opposite side.

There are 8 attachments for the tablet in two sizes (only 4 are used) - short x 4 and a little longer x 4. This is adapts for the length, (shorter side) width of your tablet. Mine attaches with 2 x short and 2 x long.
The mechanism is spring-loaded so this expands to accommodate the exact width and keeps the tablet firmly attached, so you can turn the unit landscape or portrait.
Confused Hey all, Im brand new on here so please forgive and be gentle with me. I am looking to buy a tablet so I can buy this program and load all my music, i have looked at the Samsung galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and think it would be good but I also have an option to buy a Toshiba Excite 13.3 for a good price. Does anyone have one of these units or know if they work well on this app. Thanks for your help, im sure i will be back on this forum soon with heaps of questions as I work my way through this exciting task.
(01-24-2013, 08:17 PM)traversing2 Wrote: Confused Hey all, Im brand new on here so please forgive and be gentle with me. I am looking to buy a tablet so I can buy this program and load all my music, i have looked at the Samsung galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and think it would be good but I also have an option to buy a Toshiba Excite 13.3 for a good price. Does anyone have one of these units or know if they work well on this app. Thanks for your help, im sure i will be back on this forum soon with heaps of questions as I work my way through this exciting task.

My experience with 10" tablets has been with a Moto Xoom and and an Asus TF2000, but I'm sure the Galaxy Tab will work fine.

That Toshiba Excite 13.3 looks interesting, but pricey. I'd also be interested to know if anyone has had any experience with that tablet!

And welcome to the forum!
~got the blues in my shoes~
I mostly hang out here.
(01-25-2013, 12:36 AM)scoleman Wrote:
(01-24-2013, 08:17 PM)traversing2 Wrote: Confused Hey all, Im brand new on here so please forgive and be gentle with me. I am looking to buy a tablet so I can buy this program and load all my music, i have looked at the Samsung galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and think it would be good but I also have an option to buy a Toshiba Excite 13.3 for a good price. Does anyone have one of these units or know if they work well on this app. Thanks for your help, im sure i will be back on this forum soon with heaps of questions as I work my way through this exciting task.

My experience with 10" tablets has been with a Moto Xoom and and an Asus TF2000, but I'm sure the Galaxy Tab will work fine.

That Toshiba Excite 13.3 looks interesting, but pricey. I'd also be interested to know if anyone has had any experience with that tablet!

And welcome to the forum!

Thanks Scoleman, I had a look at the 13.3 excite and it is just a skinny tablet with no benefit that I can see as it would not open two pages either way so i didnt buy it, I have now bought a Galaxy 2 10.1 and have been having fun loading some songs on to try the program and am happy to say it is working well. The help online is fantastic and has answered all my issues so far and im sure as I get more experience I will be able to use more of the great options in the program. Another happy user.
I'm running a Acer 200 with Wireless Usb Airturn. It works great! The only area it doesn't run well is if i try to do click tracks or add mp3's then it crashes or struggles to flip songs.
(02-28-2013, 07:35 AM)crossoverworship Wrote: I'm running a Acer 200 with Wireless Usb Airturn. It works great!
I am glad you have it running with Airturn, I have an Acer A200 also, but have not been able to get it working (it works ok with my ipad so I know the pedal works.) I connected a bluetooth keyboard and that works also. Did you have to do anything other than pair to get Airturn working?
Thanks
(03-02-2013, 05:59 AM)bumblebee Wrote:
(02-28-2013, 07:35 AM)crossoverworship Wrote: I'm running a Acer 200 with Wireless Usb Airturn. It works great!
I am glad you have it running with Airturn, I have an Acer A200 also, but have not been able to get it working (it works ok with my ipad so I know the pedal works.) I connected a bluetooth keyboard and that works also. Did you have to do anything other than pair to get Airturn working?
Thanks

I'm sorry I didn't make that very clear. I use the air turn with the usb dongle... so there a wireless usb dongle pluged into the top of my tablet... I haven't found the Acer 200's bluetooth to be stable either.

If you already have the pedals then you could get the usb system itself:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio...104-for-pc

If you would like new pedals too then:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio...4-software