• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what tablets are you running?
HP Slate 21, bargain and sits great on my piano, roll on 2 page sheet mode when it gets here Smile

Sean
I have been using a Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Note 12.2 for about a year now. Battery? Terrific! The display is also quite good, though I will note that it is much more legal sized than letter sized. This is not a problem for me because I print everything off from Finale, but those who simply download PDF files from the Internet may not be pleased with all the wasted screen space a A4 sized document leaves. The s-pen is also really great for those that do a lot of marking. I am a professional violist, and it is really great to be able to write fingerings and other markings almost as easily as you would with a pencil.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Here is my setup
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...p?tid=1489
my wife the pianist/organist got me to help her out with organizing her sheet music. well i took that task and ran with it!
she is 'married' to her kindle hd fire 8.9 so i added airturn page turner that the kindle's bluetooth supports and luckily found this here fine program 'mobilesheets'.  tested it with the free version and quickly paid for the pro version.
then she told me she wanted to see 2 pages at the time on her kindle. ok. this is how i got it done for now until the new version is released:

scan each page,
start ms publisher or other such program,
landscape mode,
publication type: custom,
change width: 12.45 height: 7.5,
(these figures work for my kindle hd fire 8.9 and then to a 22" samsung tv)
now use the vertical margin line and center it on the page,
put 1st page on left and second page on right etc...
save as... name it,
change type to jpg,
ready to upload them to mobilesheets!

she likes it so much that she asked me to scan some sheet music for her and send it to her kindle. sure i said until i found out she has a few hundred sheets of the critters.
oh well, i do love her!

anyhow before i gets  too long the samsung tv is light enough to sit on the piano ledge and on a sturdy music stand.
she is very happy, so far...

this is my story and i am sticking to it.
I got my Samsung Gallaxy Tab 3 last year for just €100, as a deal for extending my energy contract (they hoped for to use their app on it, which I still have to install, haha!) I could get the 7 inch version for free but intentionally upgraded to the 10 inch version with the sheet music reading in the back of my mind... It was until last weekend I started to implement my ideas, I had the free version of Mobilesheets on my Tab for a while, but the limitations made me not actively using it, I also did not have a scanner yet.. It was the request of my band leader to scan all our music that made me trigger to make the tab sheet music reading a reality, so I bought Mobilesheets full version, a cheap All in one printer for scanning and started scanning and playing with the app all weekend..

The Samsung Tab 3 is a good tablet for music reading, and I found out it has Bluetooth 4.0, so it works with the new and much cheaper AirTurn PED pedals!! Which I bought instantly online (€69).. I have just started to use the tablet, and practiced with it all weekend, including some playing from it.. I found the size is just right for me.. some pieces I need to read in landscape otherwise they are not readable (pieces that are printed in landscape!). Battery lasts for more then 4 hours, plenty of time for a regular practice night or normal concert and no more searching and browsing for sheets of music.. finding a piece is so easy with Mobilesheets! and with 32Gb SD card in it, enough space for all music i will play the rest of my life!

Love it!
Kind regards, Marco

Start using Mobilesheets since Februari 22, 2015
Scanner: Canon MG2450 All in one printer (cheap, but works fine)
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1"
Pedals: AirTurn PED (the new Bluetooth 4.0 (SMART READY) ones)
Member of Amateur bands HET/AlmaarBrass/JRBB, playing trumpet.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" 2013, basically just works everytime I need it -- most crucially for when, as organist, I play at Crematoriums.   Battery life is adequate although I did shell out for a 20,000 battery backup pack.

The biggest issue is the Samsung specific connector which is like, but crucially NOT in all aspects, the Apple 30-pin connector.

Talking of varying tablet devices, has anyone had any experience of the INGO Home 15.6" Tablet? (http://www.ingoelectro.com/en/tablets/ta...ome-tablet).   At 15.6" the screen size makes it comparable to the Shuttle PC which is offered as the preferred option by Cambron Software Mobilesheets competitor (albeit on either iPad or Windows, they have no plans to develop and Android version).

The larger screen size would enable two page side by side viewing when it becomes available in the next update.

Interested to hear any and all comments.
I looked at the Ingo, particularly as they have offices in Spain (where I live) which means there is someone local to shout at if needed.  The main disadvantage for many will be that it has no Bluetooth support, otherwise it looks like a good deal.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
I thought the Ingo looks good and searched for it at the big south american river store - it was at 140,- €!
So I ordered one and have to say: Hey, it's great! Huge, heavy, but great. Mobilesheets runs smoothly on it. No rubbish preinstalled. 2 USB ports for external USB stick/HDD (2.5'' NTFS works), mouse, keyboard - it simply works.
It even HAS bluetooth.
Loudspeakers are okay.
All connectors are on one side - good for playing it horizontal and/or vertical on a music stand.
The only disadvantages I see so far is
- the 12V supply - you can't supply it over USB or a 'normal' power bank.
- It has a "mirror" display, but that's okay - you can add a screen protector.
- It only has Android 4.2
The price now is at 220,-€, but even that is okay for that size and power.
Good to know the Ingo has BT - that certainly wasn't mentioned in the specs I read.  As I'm looking for a backup tablet (I don't like having all my eggs in the one basket) I'll have another look at this one.
Graeme

Some of my music here
I have a Hannspree 13.3" with Android 4.2.2, ARM Cortex 1.6 Ghz quad core, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB built in storage, 32g SD. I started with an iPad Retina, but 9.7" is too small for me to see the music, so I looked for larger and found the Hannspree on sale at Amazon for $199.99 US months ago. I only use the Hannspree for music, I prefer the iPad for everything else.
Chuwi 13.5 inch, Windows 10
I finally cracked and bought a second tablet as a backup.

TBH, although my Colorfly has given valiant service over the last couple of years, I have suffered from poor mechanical components - namely the micro USB ports, I've also had an occasional problem with the touch screen not responding, although turning the screen off and on again clears this.

More importantly, getting someone to actually service this item has proved impossible. Amazon passed me to their supplier (in China) who was very polite but declined to do anything - in spite of the fact I offered to pay for a service - and their German representative was even less than useless. Essentially, I was being told "It's old and not worth fixing, buy another one". Personally, I don't consider an item, which cost me 350 euros, as 'old' when it's only been in production for a couple of years, so I was less than amused by all this. Even so, despite its little foibles, it has served me well and is still working well enough to continue using.

All that said and as I said in an earlier post, I don't like having all my eggs in the one (potentially unreliable) basket, so I bought another tablet. I settled on a Samsung SM P900 - 12.2" screen. It's pretty damn good and I think this will become my 'go-to' device and the Colorfly will become the backup.

What I like;

Almost everything. good graphics, light for its size, decent build quality, large memory. Most importantly, purchased from manufacturer with a good reputation, through a local shop that I know will bend over backwards if I am unfortunate enough to have a problem.

What I don't like;

Not much. At first, I was a little confused by Samsung's GUI - so different from anything on my other tablets (there are three more in this household) which are all stock Android and it took me a while to work my way around it. There's the usual load of manufacturer installed apps, most of which I will never use, but can't get rid of (I'm working on that, but at least it has the power and storage space for these not to get in the way). At 500 euros, it's also not cheap, but you do get what you pay for in this world.

My only real gripe is the layout of the various ports. The designers obviously thought that it would be used in landscape mode, but it's quite likely that most MS users will run in portrait. There are ports on both short sides, if you put it on a normal music stand (as I do) you cover up the USB/Charging port, SD card port and the S-pen holder. The other way up, the headphone port is covered. I use the audio out in rehearsals and I imagine I will also use the S-pen (once I find out how to use it) - which way round do I place the tablet? Gigs are not a problem as I wouldn't be using either.
Graeme

Some of my music here
I'm with you Graeme... Saturday afternoon I wanted practice and got out my Hannspree. At first it kept hanging, and when I turned it off, it wouldn't come back one. I tried a few times, then realized I should push the little reset button. Took a few minutes to come back and it's been working fine ever since, but I decided I better get a backup quick, so I ordered another Hannspree 13.3" from Amazon for $219 US. I have to say, it's been very good for my music with MobileSheets.
Chuwi 13.5 inch, Windows 10
Graeme:
Drill a 1/2" or so hole in the bottom lip of the stand, then you can use the headser from the bottom. Smile

I just got a new note pro 12.2. It's supposedtobe here on May 5. I've been checing out various cover options.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(04-29-2015, 01:08 PM)Skip Wrote: Drill a 1/2" or so hole in the bottom lip of the stand, then you can use the headser from the bottom. Smile

Well done - the simple solutions are usually the best and quite honestly, that idea had never occurred to me Smile .

I was thinking about building some sort of support on the stand, such that the tablet did not sit flush on the bottom ledge and which would allow me to stick a jack plug into the audio out . Your idea is way better and easier.
Graeme

Some of my music here
- drill a hole in the music stand -
... perfect, brilliant.
The only suggestion I'd add, FWIW, would be to clamp a little spring clamp on either side of the tablet to restrain side-to-side movement (in case the stand is bumped, etc etc). The goal being to minimize side forces on that plug going into the headset jack, cuz those jacks are typically a weak point/failure point in phones + tablets. They're mostly soldered right into the motherboard inside, and those solder joints and the board itself tend to crack over time, with anything but the most gentle handling.