• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another chopro question, custom section directives?
Hi,

Taken from the chopro.org website:
"In addition to these directives it is possible to add your own section directives, for example {start_of_lead} or {start_of_coda}. All sections must be closed with the corresponding {end_of_section}."

Is this implemented in MS?
If it is, we could use:
{start_of_Tag}
{start_of_Outro}
{start_of_Intro}
{start_of_Interlude}
{start_of_Solo}
{start_of_Instrumental}
{start_of_Bridge}
{start_of_Vamp}
{start_of_Release}

These are all section names that I have been using with {start_of_part}
{sop:Intro}
{sop:Solo},
etc.

Sincerely,
Dan
At the moment, no, I don't support custom section directives. It won't be too difficult to add support for that. I can add it to the list of things to do if it would be useful for you.

Mike
The user section start/end directives all behave like start_of_verse and end_of_verse and have no other semantic meaning, but this could change in the future when section styling is added to ChordPro.

Until user section directives are added to MSPro, you can use the start_of_verse and end_of_verse directives (and the abbreviations sov and eov} to get the appearance that you want to achieve.

For the sake of completeness: the user section directives do not have abbreviations. MSPro already supports, undocumented, start_of_part and end_of_part as section directives with abbreviations sop and eop but the abbreviations are not part of the official ChordPro specification.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(01-29-2022, 09:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: At the moment, no, I don't support custom section directives. It won't be too difficult to add support for that. I can add it to the list of things to do if it would be useful for you.

Mike
It would be nice to have, but not a very big factor because as mentioned in my post, I use the label for that anyway.
{sop:Intro},{sop:Bridge}, etc.

Dan
(01-30-2022, 04:23 AM)sciurius Wrote: For the sake of completeness: the user section directives do not have abbreviations. MSPro already supports, undocumented, start_of_part and end_of_part as section directives with abbreviations sop and eop but the abbreviations are not part of the official ChordPro specification.

I like the idea of having every section of a song properly identified,
and use the "sop" and "eop" in every chart.
This raises the question, maybe I should not be using the abbreviation?
On the other hand, that could be eventually modified in bulk, so I am not really worried.

Dan